Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Having trouble completing slide 11 on "Exercise: Step"

max_roquittemax_roquitte Member Posts: 2
I'm attempting to complete this slide but the instructions seem a bit unclear to me.  When I tried this, it told me "Sketch could not be solved".  Are there any other instructions that show you how to do this in more detail?
Thanks in advance.
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    brian_bradybrian_brady Member, Developers Posts: 505 EDU
    I have not done this tutorial, but from the images you provided, it looks like you are not working with the same sketch as the tutorial indicates. The tutorial image is using a sketch that is located on the "bottom" of the part and your image shows a sketch on the "top" of the part.
  • Options
    NeilCookeNeilCooke Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 5,370
    Turn on “show constraints” in the dialog to see if there are any constraint symbols that shouldn’t be there and delete them. Or delete the 45 degree dim and drag the sketch around to see how it moves. That will tell you where your error lies. 
    Senior Director, Technical Services, EMEAI
  • Options
    max_roquittemax_roquitte Member Posts: 2
    Thanks for the help! I decided to redo the exercise and eventually figured out that it was a mix of both those problems. I was sketching on the wrong face and had some accidental constraints.  Whoops...