Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

How do I add annotations to sketches?

john_kalinowskyjohn_kalinowsky Member Posts: 3
Hello all,

Brand new to Onshape after 10+ years of SolidWorks, and pushing/struggling my way through a trial to try to learn this software. I keep looking for the SW equivalent and, for the most part, have found it for the things I am working on. 

Is there a way to add annotations to sketches? I don't want to add text that would become part of the feature, I want to add a comment to a dimension or sketch entity to remind myself what it is. In SW, this would be done via annotation - is there an Onshape equivalent?

Thanks,
John

Comments

• Options
    NeilCookeNeilCooke Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 5,379
    Hi @john_kalinowsky - welcome to Onshape! You cannot add annotations to sketches, but you can add comments to dimensions by using /* */ comment blocks. It's not ideal and you need to edit the dimension in order to see it, but it can be helpful when detailing a model. Please feel free to add an improvement request.

While you are on your trial, you can either post questions here or contact support directly (from the ? menu), whichever you prefer.
    Senior Director, Technical Services, EMEAI
  • Options
    john_kalinowskyjohn_kalinowsky Member Posts: 3
    Ugg. Ok, thanks for the feedback.