Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Apple magic mouse compatibility

It would be great to make Onshape more Mac friendly (and not requiring a non Apple mouse with the 3rd wheel/button) if the panning function would work by using a combination of the right mouse button (now rotate) + holding down the spacebar. I think I've experienced this kind of behaviour in some other program - possibly in Adobe Illustrator to pan around the canvases.

Comments

• brian_bradybrian_brady Member, Developers Posts: 505 EDU
    I thought we could pan using ctrl plus right mouse button? Have you looked into Better Touch Tool? You can add a middle mouse click action using the middle portion of the mouse as the virtual button.

Brian
  • lougallolougallo Member, Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 2,001
    @William_van_Beek Many of us use them here internally.  I am wondering if there is something you are missing.  Maybe enabling right click context?
    Lou Gallo / PD/UX - Support - Community / Onshape, Inc.
  • billy2billy2 Member, OS Professional, Mentor, Developers, User Group Leader Posts: 2,014 PRO
    I use a magic mouse with onshape with no issues.

Like Lou says, I have the rmb enabled in osx preferences. 

I use onshape's settings with the zoom wheel reversed.