Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Configured Angular Positions of Assemblies

brucebartlettbrucebartlett Member, OS Professional, Mentor, User Group Leader Posts: 2,137 PRO
I do a lot of multiple position assemblies. In the past, I used to use multiple mates to drive angle around a pivot, i.e. a revolute mate with a combination of parallel mates that are suppressed or un-suppressed for various positions and a free state but this has proven to be problematic with flipping positions and suspreed mates in a list are a little annoying. I am very excited now with a new method I have found of configuring the limits on the Revolute mate, this is proving to be much more reliable and flexible and doesn't required suppressing of mates between positons or to a free state. 

Engineer ı Product Designer ı Onshape Consulting Partner
Twitter: @onshapetricks  & @babart1977   
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    billy2billy2 Member, OS Professional, Mentor, Developers, User Group Leader Posts: 2,015 PRO
    ok that's cool. 

Thanks Bruce

• Options
    brucebartlettbrucebartlett Member, OS Professional, Mentor, User Group Leader Posts: 2,137 PRO
    Thanks @billy2 I just thought it was worth sharing as using this in assy config's has made my life much easier. I absolutely love the assy configurator, it works so smoothly but does take a bit getting used to compared to old practices in other CAD packages. 
  • Options
    This method also works with the limits on angles on a cylindrical mate.