Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Part studio ownership?

scott_caskeyscott_caskey Member Posts: 53 PRO
Sometimes (seemingly at random) when I create a new part studio, Onshape decides to include my profile picture next to the name on the tab.  This document cannot be moved to another document or deleted from the shortcut menu.  What is going on with this? 

Answers

• tim_hess427tim_hess427 Member Posts: 648 ✭✭✭✭
    @scott_caskey - You'll usually see an icon when someone else has the same tab open. I think sometimes, maybe due to a browser cache issue, it thinks the same document is open in multiple places. I imagine that it's preventing you from moving/deleting the tab because it thinks some body else has the same thing open. 

You can test this by opening the same part studio in two separate browser tabs or windows and see if you see the same behavior. 

If its ever causing issues, you should be able to clear it by closing out of the document and re-opening. As a last ditch effort, you could probably try clearing your browser's cache. It's always just been a temporary issue for me. 
  • john_mcclaryjohn_mcclary Member, Developers Posts: 3,890 PRO
    edited February 2020
    If you ever see your own image in your document, it can mean a couple of things:

-You have another tab/window open or you are logged in and have the document open on another device. (Try and find that open tab and close it)

-Onshape is still processing something and you refreshed the browser in some way. (creating a new instance for you to work under while the other instance is still finishing up) This "other user" will disappear once the process has finished.

If you close out or continue to refresh you may end up with multiple "hung processes" best thing to do is wait it out. Otherwise you just add more process time.