Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Center marks that extend past the hole

PauloPaulo Member Posts: 23 ✭✭
Hi - new to Onshape, but old at Solidworks - how can I create a center mark that extends past the hole? Like this:

Best Answer

Answers

• Options
    H_WangH_Wang Member Posts: 20 ✭✭
    NeilCooke said:
    Hi @Paulo_C - welcome to Onshape! The centermark tool only puts crosshairs at the center of the hole. If you want to extend them you have to use the 2 point centerline. Please create an improvement request to have an option to change this behaviour in the category on the right -->

Imagining doing this for tens of holes!
  • Options
    Ketil_VollandKetil_Volland Member Posts: 29 ✭✭✭
    This is very important question from Paolo, and it should really be changed into an improvement request as this is something I am sure a lot of engineers would like. Haibing_Wang has a very good comment to this, and I totally agree
  • Options
    Klaus_MKlaus_M Member Posts: 7
    I have also sent this question to the support and they answered that they are working on it ...

The workaround is ok for a complete circle.
    It does not work properly for a partial circle, because the quarter circle points are not caught and it is difficult to place the line exactly.
  • Options
    Lucas_KuhnsLucas_Kuhns Member, csevp Posts: 88 PRO
    edited November 2022

If I understand the request correctly, it would appear that this was released in the most recent update of Onshape last week.

Improvements to Onshape - November 21st, 2022 — Onshape