Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

View small part larger

I am working with a part 4.013mm X 4.700mm that I would like it to be larger on the screen. How can I set it to be larger on the screen, but retain my specified dimensions?

Best Answer

Answers

• NeilCookeNeilCooke Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 5,310
    In 3D or 2D drawing?  In 3D, just zoom with mouse wheel. In 2D, right click the view and select view properties - you can change the scale there.
    Senior Director, Technical Services, EMEAI
  • david_mach581david_mach581 Member Posts: 13
    edited February 2020
    I have used the mouse wheel, when sketching the same part, sometimes I can view it larger as I am drawing it. Thanks.

• Jake_RosenfeldJake_Rosenfeld Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 1,646
    @david_mach581

It looks to me that those Part Studios have different units set.  You can check the units here:

You can change the size of each of the default planes by clicking on one of them, and then dragging their corners:

Jake Rosenfeld - Modeling Team
    I understand both drawings are using different measurements, trying both measurement systems out. I have used the scroll wheel to enlarge the part, but
    every time I change the view, I have to enlarge it over again. Since most of my parts are small, is there a way once I set the part size,  I can view it say 
    6-8 X and lock it so that it remains large?
    I have used the mouse wheel, when sketching the same part, sometimes I can view it larger as I am drawing it. Thanks.

I understand both drawings are using different measurements, trying both measurement systems out. I have used the scroll wheel to enlarge the part, but
    every time I change the view, I have to enlarge it over again. Since most of my parts are small, is there a way once I set the part size,  I view it say 
    6-8 X and lock it so that when I change views it remains at 6-8 X?
    Thanks, I will try that.
  • bruce_williamsbruce_williams Member, Developers Posts: 842 PRO
    @david_mach581

also - I like to hide planes ( 'p' key) and origin (eyeball).  Then zoom all will work to show only visible geometry.
    www.accuratepattern.com
  • alnisalnis Member, Developers Posts: 447 EDU
    You can also use the 'w' key to quickly drag a rectangle where you want the viewport to look. The 'f' key zooms out to see everything. By using those, you can quickly navigate a large model.
    Student at University of Washington | Get in touch: contact@alnis.dev | My personal site: https://alnis.dev | Currently an Onshape intern: asmidchens@onshape.com
    Thanks, I will try that.