Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Expected ETA on exploded Views

ryerye Member Posts: 4 PRO
Hi, Just wondering when we can expect the delivery of OEM Exploded View integration from Onshape?

I read somewhere before the end of the year? Recently watched an onshape video from 2017 detailing different methods for creating exploded views but was not happy with the functionality of any of the options so have put off developing an exploded view for our really large assembly.

I will have to bite the bullet unfortunately soon unless it will be released, is there an ETA on this? the method of branching doesn't actually support assemblies with many sub assemblies, as first you need to copy and paste and delete the assembly to have a flat BOM/assembly which removes the release management revision updates from the original sub assemblies as they are no longer present in the assembly.

Answers

• brucebartlettbrucebartlett Member, OS Professional, Mentor, User Group Leader Posts: 2,137 PRO
    No Pressure @Paul_J_Premakumar but I am also putting off doing exploded views in the hope the native solution will be here soon. However, I do appreciate that the final solution will be free of bugs and to the highest of standards and best bit will be, being able to use it straight after release without any install. It will just my luck that explodes are released a week after I bite the bullet and do it the old workaround way. 
    Engineer ı Product Designer ı Onshape Consulting Partner
    Twitter: @onshapetricks  & @babart1977   
  • bradley_saulnbradley_sauln Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 373
    We have pushed an update the enables exploded view functionality: https://www.onshape.com/cad-blog/introducing-exploded-views-in-onshape
    Engineer | Adventurer | Tinkerer
    Twitter: @bradleysauln