Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

iPad Pro Mouse/Trackpad update

adrian_vlzkzadrian_vlzkz Member Posts: 258 PRO
As iPad Pro owner I'm kind of excited about this most recent update, in particular for apps like Onshape. very curious on what direction if we're going to see an iPadOs version of onshape or maybe we get the full browser version?

Adrian V. | Onshape Ambassador
CAD Engineering Manager

Comments

• lougallolougallo Member, Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 2,001
    Glad to see this update too but really has no impact on a web version. Mobile browsers are just not able to handle it. Mighta see more native tools take advantage for sure. 
    Lou Gallo / PD/UX - Support - Community / Onshape, Inc.
  • david_mcmahondavid_mcmahon Member Posts: 35 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2020
    More specifically, will the mobile version of Onshape support the new keyboard/trackpad features introduced in iOS 13.4 in the near future? I tried a mouse with the current version of Onshape on an iPad and many menu selections don’t appear to work with a mouse. Mouse/trackpad support on an iPad would be an awesome enhancement!
  • miked_ideatrotmiked_ideatrot Member Posts: 2 PRO
    Yes I signed in to specifically request a robust mouse implementation since iOS 13.4.  It could REALLY enhance the iPad OnShape experience and would allow me to use my iPad for OnShape development more robustly.  Please put it on the roadmap if it’s not already.
  • brian_bradybrian_brady Member, Developers Posts: 505 EDU
    lougallo said:
    Glad to see this update too but really has no impact on a web version. Mobile browsers are just not able to handle it. Mighta see more native tools take advantage for sure. 
    @lougallo
    These are the results my iPad Pro 2020 gets for Onshape.

Pretty good I think. I have found that I can use this iPad with the new Magic Keyboard (with trackpad) to use Onshape through the browser and not the app. I have not tested it much, but I know that it works. Maybe iPadOS Safari Is more capable than you think when coupled with a physical keyboard and trackpad or mouse.

Brian
    edited May 2020
    By the way, you can create drawings using an iPad if you use Onshape in the browser instead of the app. The only thing I see as an issue right now is the "Open in the Onshape app" banner that shows up at the top of the browser window that cannot be dismissed. It stops a two-finger trackpad drag (middle mouse button scroll equivalent) from zooming a drawing. Plus when it appears, studio tabs slide off the screen and are not visible. 
    edited May 2020
    Just found the space bar does not add a space when creating a note using an iPad with a physical keyboard. Strange, it adds a space everywhere else.

Update: option-space yields a space
  • TimetrekerTimetreker Member Posts: 7 EDU
    Hello! Recently I bought an IPad believing that I will be able to use Onshape with the new Safari browser. All seems to work fine but the zoom. When I use the scroll wheel nothing is zooming.
  • john_mcclaryjohn_mcclary Member, Developers Posts: 3,890 PRO
    @Timetreker
    If you are using IOS or Android devices, you will need to download the Onshape app from the app store. 

Mobile browsers aren't compatible with Onshape