Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

#newbie : how to modify a Cirlce to an Ellipse

Hi !
I'm banging my head against the wall because i can't do something that should be very simple ...
I want to modify a circle into an ellipse, keeping the most upper point fixed of the shape fixed; simply put, elongating the shape downwards.

I created 2 construction lines and added "contained" constraints to the circumference--- i can't seem to find the "circumference is a circle" constraint, so when I make the vertical line longer it makes it an ellipse.

Thank you for your help !

Comments

• Options
    NeilCookeNeilCooke Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 5,394
    You can’t make a circle into an ellipse. But you can make an ellipse into a circle - use the specific ellipse entity type, found in the drop down under the circle icon in sketch. 
    Senior Director, Technical Services, EMEAI