Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Offset Fillet

bart_harrisbart_harris Member Posts: 29
I have asked a similar question before and was told this feature is not available, but I'll ask anyway.

I have two parts: a lid and a base. I have filleted one edge by 10mm, top and bottom. What I would like to do is fillet the parts as one, with a 12.5mm radius that is off-centre on each part but looks like a semicircle when the are together. I have drawn a sketch to illustrate this.

https://cad.onshape.com/documents/e7fe3acecd91431ca74926e0/w/ce4cce5084114fabb00188a6/e/95adfd7e180549e2aa7c780a

Thank you.

Best Answer

Answers

• andrew_troupandrew_troup Member, Mentor Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭✭✭
    When I try to load the link in the OP, I get

"Failed to load document for workspace. Resource does not exist, or you do not have permission to access it."
  • bart_harrisbart_harris Member Posts: 29
    Sorry. Try again now if you like.

• andrew_troupandrew_troup Member, Mentor Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2015
    What Lou is suggesting is that you start your Part Studio with a sketch, similar to the one you have finished up by producing. A simple sketch with three horizontal lines and one arc (opposite which will be one vertical line) will produce the result you want.

You don't need to trim the arcs to the horizontal line which is between the other two, but each arc should be constrained "tangent" to one of these two lines.

Now simply pick (first) the top region to extrude, and then the bottom one, specifying "New" for the second body so it becomes a separate part.