Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Lock Mate

dan_manoimdan_manoim OS Professional Posts: 16 PRO
The idea is to lock one mate or partly lock a mate so it will keep the part position when I'm moving other parts.
For instance i will be able to lock Z axis in cylindrical mates but keeping the rotational axis free.

Comments

• brucebartlettbrucebartlett Member, OS Professional, Mentor, User Group Leader Posts: 2,137 PRO
    You can already do this, turn the limits on, and set them to the same valve, this will lock z to be the same as a revolute mate. I regularly configure these limits to drive positions. 
    Engineer ı Product Designer ı Onshape Consulting Partner
    Twitter: @onshapetricks  & @babart1977   
  • lougallolougallo Member, Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 2,001
    @dan_manoim @brucebartlett is correct and group mate essentially locks parts as well.  Like. rigid assembly.  Limits are much more configurable tho.
    Lou Gallo / PD/UX - Support - Community / Onshape, Inc.