Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Improvements to Onshape - June 3rd, 2020

Comments

• GuidoNADECGuidoNADEC Member Posts: 27 PRO
    Yes!! I would say one of the best updates ever!! Thanks!!
  • sam_parsonssam_parsons Member Posts: 43 PRO
    Really pleased that you can apply appearances to faces now, but I'm a bit disheartened that you have to configure them in configured properties tables rather than in configurations, limits the freedom of the configuration quite a lot  :/
  • gonzalo_chomongonzalo_chomon OS Professional Posts: 52 ✭✭
    The holes list is great. I have spent many hours going throw all part studios, checking and modifying holes...
    Not important for small projects with few screws, but when you have several hundreds of screws on a project, it is a life saver.
  • john_mcclaryjohn_mcclary Member, Developers Posts: 3,890 PRO
    Certainly will help me when converting between metric / sae tapped holes when I copy a document for a new project. (rather than touching every hole :smile: )
  • emagdalenaC2iemagdalenaC2i Member, Developers, Channel partner Posts: 858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    En este enlace podéis ver las Novedades de Onshape en español
    https://youtu.be/Cjsm__J3lVY
    Un saludo,

Eduardo Magdalena                         C2i Change 2 improve                         ☑ ¿Por qué no organizamos una reunión online?  
                                                                         Partner de PTC - Onshape                                     Averigua a quién conocemos en común
  • bill_danielsbill_daniels Member Posts: 277 ✭✭✭
    Anyone know of a source for downloadable DXF or DWG files of official OSHA warning labels?  I need the high voltage warning label now.
  • 3dcad3dcad Member, OS Professional, Mentor Posts: 2,470 PRO
    Color by face seems to be worth the wait - once again Onshape takes things to next level!!

Another huge for us is the hole chart in part studio - hopefully I can show also x-y coordinates and reference corner on hover. We are getting closer to MBD and skip the drawings step to get needed data for production -- awesome!!
    //rami
    What happened to the holes feature?
  • emagdalenaC2iemagdalenaC2i Member, Developers, Channel partner Posts: 858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @gonzalo_chomon Please, could you be more specific?
    I have tested it and seems ok
    Un saludo,

Eduardo Magdalena                         C2i Change 2 improve                         ☑ ¿Por qué no organizamos una reunión online?  
                                                                         Partner de PTC - Onshape                                     Averigua a quién conocemos en común
    The new "holes table" feature anounced on this post has disapear. At least from some of my documents.
    Are you in a version maybe?
    Un saludo,

Just have checked and it just only has disappeared from the document I was working in, and it is still not there.
     I have checked on other documents and it is there and the tables appear correctly.
    I have just noticed that the Hole table is missing in versions created before this release
    It is available in the workspace and also in the new versions
    See

Un saludo,

First thing I did when I noticed it was obviously refresh the browser , create a version, log out. None of that worked out, the holes table is missing on that document.
    I have checked documents created before and not modified before this release and they have the hole table available.
    So I suppose that is a problem with that document in particular.

• NeilCookeNeilCooke Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 5,305
    @gonzalo_chomon
    Remember: The updates listed here are now live for all users when creating new Documents and over the next few days these features will also be available in Documents created before the date of this update.
    It can take a few days to upgrade the millions of existing Documents - please check the Versions and History - if it has been upgraded (Automatic update) and the Hole Table is still not there then there may be a problem with that Document. If it hasn't yet been upgraded, please be patient. If it has and you need Hole Tables in that Doc, please contact support.
    Senior Director, Technical Services, EMEAI
    @emagdalenaC2i - correct - Hole Tables are specific to the current version of FeatureScript, so versions created before this release will not have them.
    Thank you @NeilCooke
    I think it was already active on that document but may be I am wrong.
    I suppose the upgrade has still not arrived for it. Will let you know if it does not get there on the following days.

• jakeramsleyjakeramsley Member, Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 657
    Thank you @NeilCooke
    I think it was already active on that document but may be I am wrong.
    I suppose the upgrade has still not arrived for it. Will let you know if it does not get there on the following days.

Hi gonzalo_chomon,

If you submit a support ticket from inside the affected document for this we can look in more detail.
    Jake Ramsley

Director of Quality Engineering & Release Manager              onshape.com
  • xphilipxphilip Member Posts: 17 PRO
    edited June 2020
    I am wondering if it wouldn't be really useful to extend the new 'normal' capability to the creation of sketches.
    Today, if i don't pre-select a plane or face, I get an error message.

Instead of the error message, as long as I am within the same 'normal to' angular range for 'n' to work, it would save me a lot of time if Onshape would just start a new sketch on the (closest) default plane when I hit 'Shift-S'.
    (Yes it's me ;))

@xphilip I like the idea, and I can't wait 3 weeks...
    So, next week I will try to do that with a script in my 3Dconnection SpacePilot 
    https://forum.onshape.com/discussion/comment/31744#Comment_31744

Un saludo,

• albjerrealbjerre Member Posts: 23 ✭✭✭
    I love the face colors and dele face/part features. I still need 3d sketching though. Onshape is still not good enough for advanced surface modelling.
  • danny_paynedanny_payne Member, User Group Leader Posts: 35 PRO
    Wow so much great stuff. Love the color options.
  • leonardo_baruffaldileonardo_baruffaldi Member Posts: 3 EDU
    Greate improvements! As a CAD teacher, I've been waiting for so long for the face appearance feature.
  • c_17c_17 Member Posts: 10 EDU
    Nice update!

@NeilCooke may it be possible for you to share the sensor value featurescript, which was used in the video. I can only find the "normal" featurescript without the custom table functionality.
  • MBartlett21MBartlett21 Member, OS Professional, Developers Posts: 2,034 EDU
    xphilip said:
    I am wondering if it wouldn't be really useful to extend the new 'normal' capability to the creation of sketches.
    Today, if i don't pre-select a plane or face, I get an error message.

Instead of the error message, as long as I am within the same 'normal to' angular range for 'n' to work, it would save me a lot of time if Onshape would just start a new sketch on the (closest) default plane when I hit 'Shift-S'.
    (Yes it's me ;))

Or even if it did the hovered face it would be cool!
    mb - draftsman - also FS author: View FeatureScripts
    IR for AS/NZS 1100
  • tim_hess427tim_hess427 Member Posts: 648 ✭✭✭✭
    I don't know - guessing which plane I want to use seems scary to me. I'd have all sorts of planes selected incorrectly that I'd have to remove and change. 

I could see it being extra confusing for a new user as well. 

I could see a lot of false-positives with the selection of hovered faces as well since I don't think about specifically avoiding faces with the cursor before starting a sketch.
    c_17 said:
    Nice update!

@NeilCooke may it be possible for you to share the sensor value featurescript, which was used in the video. I can only find the "normal" featurescript without the custom table functionality.
    @TimRice has updated his Sensor custom feature to include tables:
    https://forum.onshape.com/discussion/13085/sensor-custom-feature#latest