Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Help creating threads

otaolafrotaolafr Member Posts: 113 EDU
edited May 2020 in Using Onshape
hello, I am trying to create BSPP threads, to be exactly G1/2 and G1/4
my issue is that if i create with the exact dimensions i get an error when i do the sweep, I know that I is because it shares one point in each turn of the helix, but I do not understand how can I do it respecting the thread dimensions here is what i am trying to do:
https://cad.onshape.com/documents/d9d8882d84c270ac9346a52f/w/f1e0d79458dde1b376cc553c/e/a32892f6c9a0702d59076c9f
 and here are the dimensions I found for the BSPP threads:
https://amesweb.info/Screws/bspp-thread-chart-calculator.aspx
EDIT: i solved by giving the number of turns in the helix and not the pinch of the thread. hope helps someone :)
best regards, franco
Tagged:

Best Answer

• Mr_GKMr_GK Member Posts: 19 ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    I am not able to access your model.

as I saw, you solved by yourself, didn’t you?

Answers

• Mr_GKMr_GK Member Posts: 19 ✭✭
    Answer ✓

• otaolafrotaolafr Member Posts: 113 EDU
    Mr_GK said:

more or less, but at least i have found what was the problem in my workflow, it was that I was sweeping a triangle with rounded points so when doing the sweeping i was having a single line shared by the two triangles from different turns.
  • Bio_MeccBio_Mecc Member Posts: 6
    Hi,
    I'm trying to do a symbolic BSPP thread on a hole, however I don't know how to make it.
    Does the software has an option on the hole command for tapped holes? I seem to see only ISO, ANSI, DIN and PEM?

Thanks