Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Embed Onshape Model in Website

abhinabha_baratabhinabha_barat Member Posts: 5 EDU
Is there a way to embed my STL CAD file into a Wordpress website?

Comments

• harmanpaharmanpa Member, User Group Leader Posts: 11 PRO
    There is a forthcoming app for the App Store that solves this exact problem in an easy-to-use way, if you are interested we can add you as a beta tester.

thanks

Pete
  • romeograhamromeograham Member Posts: 656 PRO
    @harmanpa
    I'd like to beta test this if possible!
    Thanks
    Romeo

• Justin_Zummo_GBSJustin_Zummo_GBS Member Posts: 3 EDU
    Is this still being worked on? I'd like to use this with my students.
  • Ste_WilsonSte_Wilson Member Posts: 198 EDU
    I've not had much chance to have a go at this but I think it would be possible to paste the stl code in here and have it show. 
    http://rboue.tiddlyspot.com/#Three.js/introduction
  • billy2billy2 Member, OS Professional, Mentor, Developers, User Group Leader Posts: 2,014 PRO
    edited January 2021
    I think it's a little more than just paste. 

I'm working with webgl currently and if I find an easier library, I'll let you know. Right now I think three.js is the best option. Also STL is really limiting as a geometry transfer language. You may want to try GTLF.

• harmanpaharmanpa Member, User Group Leader Posts: 11 PRO
    @romeograham
    @Justin_Zummo_GBS

It is yes, we're a small team and do direct customer work so have been focused on specific projects, but the app will appear very soon!

For those who like to roll-their-own, we use three.js, we use both STL and GLTF depending on requirements, but we also make use of other APIs in order to access meta-data about parts (chosen materials, BoM table data etc).