Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

New Help button

Ed_Lee47Ed_Lee47 Member Posts: 12 PRO
I assume everyone is seeing a new chatbot style Help button dropped over the bottom right hand corner of their workspace today...

I find this really annoying, almost offensive. It's not needed - there's plenty of ways to contact support (who are excellent at responding) through the help menu or these forums. It obstructs the workspace, and is visually distracting. The placement is a joke, blocking the tab selection. Fail on the UI testing team.

Remove it, please!

Comments

• Options
    Oh, and it's blocking the dimension readout!
  • Options
    NeilCookeNeilCooke Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 5,379
    @Ed_Lee47 - that button appears when you are in the preferences page. There used to be a bug a few years back that it would appear in other pages, but I've not seen that for a long time. Does a browser refresh get rid of it (hold shift and press the refresh button to do a hard refresh, if you are using chrome)? 
    Senior Director, Technical Services, EMEAI
  • Options
    Refresh didn't clear it, nor did browser restart. I had to completely reboot my machine and then it went away. Sorry I got a bit 'ranty' there but it was a right PITA.