Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Comments

• Options
    alnisalnis Member, Developers Posts: 449 EDU
    This is an amazing model! The video was fun to watch. I think this will be one of my "go-to" models for demo'ing Onshape to people who say it's not powerful enough for real work. I don't think an interactive timeline/exploration of a design's evolution is even possible in any other CAD package at the moment, never mind as a high-performance browser-based demo without requiring an installation. This is a really creative and cool way of using configurations. Thanks for sharing!
    Student at University of Washington | Get in touch: contact@alnis.dev | My personal site: https://alnis.dev
  • Options
    billy2billy2 Member, OS Professional, Mentor, Developers, User Group Leader Posts: 2,015 PRO
    edited August 2020
  • Options
    john_hauckjohn_hauck Member Posts: 52 PRO
    This is an amazing model! The video was fun to watch. I think this will be one of my "go-to" models for demo'ing Onshape to people who say it's not powerful enough for real work. I don't think an interactive timeline/exploration of a design's evolution is even possible in any other CAD package at the moment, never mind as a high-performance browser-based demo without requiring an installation. This is a really creative and cool way of using configurations. Thanks for sharing!
    Thanks for the kudos!
    There is a real cult following for these La Pavoni lever espresso machines - and they like being able to see the changes over the years.
  • Options
    billy2 said:
    Great model & video,
    Oooh, featured on Rusty Shed! So cool!
  • Options
    billy2billy2 Member, OS Professional, Mentor, Developers, User Group Leader Posts: 2,015 PRO
    edited August 2020
    That cracks me up :p; now you can retire; you've made it!

It was only one line of code. I wish I could say it took more time/effort.

John how many hours did you spend on this model and how'd you learn so much about an espresso machine?

It so easy to publish onshape documents to the cloud, I'm just trying to figure how this will appear in the cloud in the future. Where's this market going?

Anyone else who wants to be published, share your document with me. If you share it, you can still edit it and it becomes a live cloud document. If it's a public document, I have to make a copy of your original.

Now you have credits added to the Rusty Shed:

• Options
    billy2 said:
    John how many hours did you spend on this model and how'd you learn so much about an espresso machine?

I started in the middle of 2018 in response to a request from https://www.facebook.com/groups/LaPavoniLeverOwners.
    As for hours, maybe there is an OnShape script that can sleuth this out from our editing histories?
    I really don't care as this is simply another one of my enjoyable after-hours hobbies.
    I use this machine for my family's daily caffè lattes and espressos and am an active member in the above 7000 member group.
    I have restored multiple models of these machines as part of this effort.
    My "pull" below is from two days ago.

• Options
    edited August 2020
    Well my cup of coffee this morning looks pale in comparison.

It's an interesting group forming around an espresso machine.

I was trying to figure out last night how to handle an iframe call to rusty shed so you could put your machine anywhere on the web, even facebook. I think in the future, there's going to be more stuff like this where you can get detailed views of how things are put together.

Thanks for sharing the model, it's a great example of the things to come.

• Options
    I love your table video. Very elegant.
  • Options
    S1monS1mon Member Posts: 2,387 PRO
    This is still one of the best examples to show non-CAD people what's cool about Onshape and configurations.
  • Options
    Gosh, thanks!