Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Is there a way to be logged into onshape on a work account and the forum on a personal account?

Id like to keep a record and traceability etc on the forum over time on a personal account, often the questions I ask etc come up during the day at work whilst logged into the work account, can I be logged in separately to to the forum and in the CAD workspace on my work e-mail?

can't seen to figure it out sorry.

Answers

• Options
    emagdalenaC2iemagdalenaC2i Member, Developers, Channel partner Posts: 859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can use user profiles in your web browser and open 2 windows (one with each profile)
    Un saludo,

Eduardo Magdalena                         C2i Change 2 improve                         ☑ ¿Por qué no organizamos una reunión online?  
                                                                         Partner de PTC - Onshape                                     Averigua a quién conocemos en común
  • Options
    MBartlett21MBartlett21 Member, OS Professional, Developers Posts: 2,034 EDU
    @ryan_mcgoldrick47
    Yes, you can.

If you sign into the forum first with your personal account, then sign out of cad.onshape.com and sign into cad.onshape.com with your work account, it should work fine, since the forum will stay on with your personal account.
    mb - draftsman - also FS author: View FeatureScripts
    IR for AS/NZS 1100
  • Options
    lougallolougallo Member, Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 2,001
    @ryan_mcgoldrick47 When you sign into the forum we do a handshake with your current session of Onshape but do not refresh that unless you sign out and sign back in with the current session again.  So if you are already authorized in the forum, you can sign out and into another session and it will not be impacted.
    Lou Gallo / PD/UX - Support - Community / Onshape, Inc.
  • Options
    ryan_mcgoldrick47ryan_mcgoldrick47 Member Posts: 93 ✭✭✭
    I cant figure it out, if I hit sign out on the forum, I dont get presented with a way to login to a different account only a sign in button again which goes straight into my pro/enterprise account.
  • Options
    NeilCookeNeilCooke Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 5,381
    You have to sign out of the forum AND your Onshape account, then sign into your personal account, then the forum. 
    Senior Director, Technical Services, EMEAI
  • Options
    ryan_mcgoldrickryan_mcgoldrick Member Posts: 66 ✭✭✭
    Ok so  as Mbartlett21 suggested I had to sign out of CAD onshape first then sign out of the forum then sign into the forum then sign back into CAD onshape