Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Improvements to Onshape - January 5th, 2021

mfalkensteinermfalkensteiner Member, Onshape Employees, csevp Posts: 61
edited January 2021 in New in Onshape
On behalf of everyone here at Onshape, I would like to wish you all a happy and successful New Year! This is the first of many updates for 2021 – if you have great ideas for new features or functionality that would benefit the entire Onshape community, please create Improvement Requests in the category on the right.

GENERAL IMPROVEMENTS

FRENCH LANGUAGE SUPPORT

The User Interface and Help can now be displayed in French. Go to My Account > Preferences > Display Language to change for individual users.

DRAWING IMPROVEMENTS

SUPPLEMENTARY INFORMATION FOR FEATURE CONTROL FRAMES

Geometric tolerances sometimes need additional information to make manufacturing and inspection details easier to understand. A new text box and drop-down menu have been added to the Geometric tolerance dialog in Drawings to associate any additional required information.

We have also expanded the drop-down menu with additional symbols that can be added within the Feature Control frame.

ENTERPRISE IMPROVEMENTS

TEAM DASHBOARD

Go to Analytics > Users > Team List to see all the teams in your Enterprise. Click on the drill-down menu next to each team name to display the Team Activity and Team Setup Dashboards.

The Team Activity Dashboard shows you all team members and their activities.

The Team Setup Dashboard shows all your members of a team and lists the documents shared with the team.

IOS IMPROVEMENTS

ISOLATE IN PART STUDIO

In more complex Part Studios you now can isolate one or more parts and adjust the isolation distance by dragging the slider. This helps you to quickly highlight a specific part of your design.

UNIT SELECTION WHEN IMPORTING OBJ AND STL FILES

OBJ and STL files are unitless by default. To import these parts at the desired scale, you can now specify their units in the import dialog.

AUTOMATICALLY INACTIVATE MATES

Onshape will now make mates and mate connectors inactive when you suppress parts or assemblies.

Please take a moment to try out these new features and improvements and leave your comments below. For a detailed list of all the changes in this update, please see the changelog.

Remember: The updates listed here are now live for all users when creating new Documents and over the next few days these features will also be available in Documents created before the date of this update.
Principal Technical Services Engineer, EMEAI

Comments

• werty_werty364werty_werty364 Member Posts: 3
    с новым годом и вас дорогие разработчики!!! хотелось бы увидеть улучшения на android, например функцию FILL!! &&
  • MichaelPascoeMichaelPascoe Member Posts: 1,694 PRO
    Thank you Onshape team.

Learn more about the Gospel of Christ  ( Here )

CADSharp  -  We make custom features and integrated Onshape apps!   cadsharp.com/featurescripts 💎
  • tecno_barranatecno_barrana Member Posts: 1
    when will it be in Spanish? Thanks.
  • ilya_baranilya_baran Onshape Employees, Developers, HDM Posts: 1,173
    @werty_werty364
    Спасибо. Fill на андроиде скоро будет -- над этим работают.
    Ilya Baran \ VP, Architecture and FeatureScript \ Onshape Inc
  • ryan_mcgoldrickryan_mcgoldrick Member Posts: 66 ✭✭✭
    I do not get a drill down option next to any of my Teams as displayed above in enterprise.. I only get a drill down option next to individual users.
  • stanislav_klepikovstanislav_klepikov Member Posts: 1
    Sorry in advance for my bad English. Maybe I don’t know smth, but I haven’t seen “spring” relation in Onshape. Sometimes it’s very useful to have it. 
    How to make assembly relation for shrinking or expanding details like for springs?
    Thanks for your work and Happy New Year!
    Всех с Новым Годом!
  • john_mcclaryjohn_mcclary Member, Developers Posts: 3,890 PRO
    @stanislav_klepikov

There is no spring or flexible action in Onshape yet.
    I've seen some work arounds that involve splitting a helix in half and setting gear relations at each cross sectional face.
    But it is only a visual eye candy.
  • KEKKEK Member Posts: 4 PRO
    Nice updates - as always
  • prakash_s238prakash_s238 Member Posts: 2
    Nice updates. 
  • Ethan_Deal_Ethan_Deal_ Member Posts: 7 EDU
    I think a good next feature to be added in the next update is the ability to apply wraps to non-cylindrical surfaces
  • jacques_spillmannjacques_spillmann OS Professional Posts: 49 PRO
    Merci Beaucoup Onshape et bonne année !
  • Gaizka_G_P_Gaizka_G_P_ Member Posts: 3 EDU
    when will it be in Spanish? Thanks.
  • prakash_s238prakash_s238 Member Posts: 2
    Good Work team
  • ricardo_romeroricardo_romero Member Posts: 3 EDU
    Muy buenos los cambios, gracias! A los sudamericanos nos gustaría ver también una versión en español!
  • bill_schnoebelenbill_schnoebelen OS Professional, Developers, User Group Leader, csevp Posts: 109 PRO
    STL scale will come in handy. 

Thanks for the inactivation of mates!!! Why not just suppress them? 
  • 3dcad3dcad Member, OS Professional, Mentor Posts: 2,470 PRO
    edited January 2021
    If I had design company I would be already planning how to implement monthly bonus for employees based on their useful activity. Should be like a gift from heaven for someone trying to cope with bunch of people working from home since there's always those who take advantage of situation and have bunch of explanations in their pocket.

Great work Onshape team!
    //rami
  • ryan_mcgoldrick47ryan_mcgoldrick47 Member Posts: 93 ✭✭✭
    Just wondering if anyone could assist or also has this problem as i mentioned in my above comment
    "I do not get a drill down option next to any of my Teams as displayed above in enterprise.. I only get a drill down option next to individual users"
  • ryan_mcgoldrick47ryan_mcgoldrick47 Member Posts: 93 ✭✭✭
    Never mind looks like it has since been fixed :smile:

• warren_pegleywarren_pegley Member Posts: 14
    Klingon! someone has to do it
  • pierre_augerpierre_auger Member Posts: 1 EDU
    Merci beaucoup.
  • rod_muirhead943rod_muirhead943 Member Posts: 94 EDU
    I am liking OS more and more, But.  Autodesk Inventor lets me choose a REAL material appearance.  Water bubbles look like water bubbles, etc...!  The mass properties may be correct But, the color panel drives me insane.

When will this be modified and greatly improved?
  • rod_muirhead943rod_muirhead943 Member Posts: 94 EDU
    rod_muirhead943 Posts: 23 EDU
    Is there a data base of ALL TYPES of fasteners?  ISO, SAE.  Wood and Metal.  Falling back on Autodesk Inventor's huge data base of these items.
  • PauloPaulo Member Posts: 23 ✭✭
    @rod_muirhead943 - if bubbles and wood screws are your thing maybe you should just use inventor  :D
  • bill_schnoebelenbill_schnoebelen OS Professional, Developers, User Group Leader, csevp Posts: 109 PRO
    rod_muirhead943 Posts: 23 EDU
    Is there a data base of ALL TYPES of fasteners?  ISO, SAE.  Wood and Metal.  Falling back on Autodesk Inventor's huge data base of these items.
    I would be more interested in scraping Mcmaster Carr data into Onshape. 
  • MichaelPascoeMichaelPascoe Member Posts: 1,694 PRO
    edited January 2021
    Mcmaster Carr is a game changer.
    https://www.mcmaster.com/

Learn more about the Gospel of Christ  ( Here )

CADSharp  -  We make custom features and integrated Onshape apps!   cadsharp.com/featurescripts 💎
  • michael3424michael3424 Member Posts: 674 ✭✭✭✭
    Mcmaster Carr is a game changer.
    https://www.mcmaster.com/

And it is CAD neutral so can be used with many applications.  They seem to have greatly increased the number and types of parts that are CAD documented over the past several years.  Just the other day I needed CAD data for a large piano hinge and they had it.

• emagdalenaC2iemagdalenaC2i Member, Developers, Channel partner Posts: 858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Gaizka_G_P_ y @ricardo_romero Nosotros hicimos la traducción del software y creo que saldrá pronto
    Pero mientras tanto podéis utilizar este interesante truco http://c2i.es/blog/close2circle-1/onshape-en-espanol-o-casi-127
    Un saludo,

Eduardo Magdalena                         C2i Change 2 improve                         ☑ ¿Por qué no organizamos una reunión online?  
                                                                         Partner de PTC - Onshape                                     Averigua a quién conocemos en común
  • 3dcad3dcad Member, OS Professional, Mentor Posts: 2,470 PRO
    I am liking OS more and more, But.  Autodesk Inventor lets me choose a REAL material appearance.  Water bubbles look like water bubbles, etc...!  The mass properties may be correct But, the color panel drives me insane.

When will this be modified and greatly improved?
    At the moment you would use separate software for rendering. Just pick your choice of weapon, I like to use Keyshot with Onshape connection.

I would be great to have power of cloud and direct render view but I suppose there's still few things to finish before this .. and of course if rendering fits to PTC vision of Onshape..
    //rami