Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Onshape and 3D mouses

Answers

• chrisjh777chrisjh777 Member Posts: 207 ✭✭✭✭
    +1 for 3D Connection support.
  • MarkusMarkus Member Posts: 1
    +1
  • lougallolougallo Member, Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 2,001
    @Chrisrh We are working on this.. At this point it is probably safe to say we don't need too many more +1 on this.  Onshape Nation has spoken. ;-)
    Lou Gallo / PD/UX - Support - Community / Onshape, Inc.
  • charleycharley OS Professional Posts: 20 ✭✭
    +1 for 3Dconnexion support.  
  • andrew_troupandrew_troup Member, Mentor Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cripes, I would be happy if Chromebooks/Chrome OS would just support a couple of extra mouse buttons. 

I use an Intellimouse Explorer, programmed to Enter & Escape, which is great for pretty much all applications, but when I plug it into my Chromebook things get tragic on most web forums, because the left button defaults to "Back" and cannot be disabled, let alone programmed.

(although not so much in Onshape CAD - I don't lose work - and on this forum, the drafts are autosaved when composing a post - well done, OnS ! )
  • Jonathon_1Jonathon_1 Member Posts: 2
    +1 for 3Dconnexion support
  • spiked3spiked3 Member Posts: 34
    LouGallo said:
    @Chrisrh We are working on this.. At this point it is probably safe to say we don't need too many more +1 on this.  Onshape Nation has spoken. ;-)

Mike Partain aka Spiked3
    http://www.spiked3.com
  • ernest_1ernest_1 OS Professional Posts: 1 PRO
    got to have 3dconnexion or no interest.
  • DaneDane Member Posts: 1
    So just to add my voice to the chorus...

+1
  • onshaperonshaper Member, Mentor Posts: 94 ✭✭✭
    I had been thinking about getting a 3d mouse, but I'll hold off until Onshape supports them. :)
  • _334_334 Member Posts: 1
    Add me to the +1ers list of people wanting 3Dconnexion support
  • navnav Member Posts: 258 ✭✭✭✭
    +1 for 3D mouse support (3DConnexion)
    Nicolas Ariza V.
    Indaer -- Aircraft Lifecycle Solutions
  • peter_45peter_45 Member Posts: 1
    Been using 3D Connexions for decades. Started with the 3000 SpaceBalls in '92. So really used to them and must have them with OnShape!

So add me to the 'want' list too.
  • 3dexter3dexter Member Posts: 89 ✭✭✭
    +1  :) 
  • mike_98mike_98 Member Posts: 1
    Spacemouse functionality is make or break for me, please add me to the list. Android support too please.
  • dufus_johnsondufus_johnson Member Posts: 1
    +1 for space mouse support.  As a previous commenter noted, my space mouse currently can zoom in and out with onshape, so it would seem you could investigate how that is working and build upon it?  However, I also would not mind having to install a plugin, if necessary.
  • chris_89chris_89 Member Posts: 1
    +1 for 3DConnexion mouse support. A plugin would be fine.
  • quentin_4quentin_4 Member Posts: 7
    +1 for 3Dconnexion support request :)
  • andrew_troupandrew_troup Member, Mentor Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think the moral of this thread is:
    forget Cloud CAD:
    the business to be in is
    3D Mice!
  • 3dcad3dcad Member, OS Professional, Mentor Posts: 2,470 PRO
    edited June 2015
    @andrew_troup Yep, it's way more important than minor things like configurations, parametric dimension, cross-document parts, drawings and other standard crap ;)
    BTW You might be right about where THE Business is. I just ordered cad mouse and space mouse pro - old space navigator goes to home computer (if it works with chrome book?) Now I'm just sitting and waiting all day for models to start moving while resting my hands on new toys.. =)
    //rami
  • daviddavid Member Posts: 1
    +1 for the 3D Connexion support from me too  :D
  • lally_singhlally_singh Member Posts: 1
    If the interface specs were public, I guess someone could implement the driver via chrome.usb.
  • alston_cheungalston_cheung Member Posts: 1
    +1 3D Connexion support would be very much appreciated
  • pete_yodispete_yodis OS Professional, Mentor Posts: 666 ✭✭✭
    If the interface specs were public, I guess someone could implement the driver via chrome.usb.
    or this... https://developer.chrome.com/apps/bluetooth

• andreas_vogtandreas_vogt Member Posts: 1
    Time to give it a bump!
    +1 for the spacemice :)
  • lee_bridgeslee_bridges Member Posts: 1
    Gotta gotta have it.....I have worked with SW and Space Mouse since 1994.
    I have left work and drove 30 minutes to get my Space Mouse when I left it home.
    Couldn't get nothing done without it. It's that important.
  • lynn_albrittonlynn_albritton Member Posts: 5
    This is the first thing I have searched for in the forums. I need my 3d mouse! Looks like I'm not alone.
  • robert_zschocherobert_zschoche Member Posts: 17

Same need here as well.  currently using 3dconnexion spacemouse pro with creo and hoping for a cloud based cad that can be configured to feel the same with customizable UI

• danboarderdanboarder Member Posts: 1
    +1 Same here, I would really like to utilize my 3D Connexion device, I'm used to using when working on 3D projects.
  • dominic_vrolijksdominic_vrolijks Member Posts: 1
    Using a 3D mouse with the left hand helps engage the right side of the frontal cortex which would normally take a back seat as most users focus on the left side while using the mouse in the right hand.  Engaging both sides of the frontal cortex assists in innovation and developing ideas.  I'm eagerly awaiting support for the 3D mouse also.