Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Loft Exercise - Mass does not match

ed_o_connor101ed_o_connor101 Member Posts: 2 EDU
I'm doing Part Design Using Part Studios
In the loft exercise I can't find my mistake.

https://cad.onshape.com/documents/68c024ada82f59756dda57cb/w/7cbc72176c0624276e6260e7/e/17615deea1e4e7b479879d38

The correct mass for the loft is  314.212 g
After checking everything, I keep getting 333.916 g.

The volume is larger too. Why the discrepancy?

Answers

• Options
    Ste_WilsonSte_Wilson Member Posts: 208 EDU
    I mostly ignore the end question, I figure it's about the journey, not the destination! :)  If you want cleverer people than I to have a poke at your model you need to make it public.
  • Options
    KatieHuffmanKatieHuffman Member, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 194
    @ed_o_connor101
    I took a look and I think at least part of the problem is your bottom profile sketch. The 40mm is between the virtual sharps like this:

But yours looks like this:

If that doesn't fix it- check some of your other dimensions too. Also at the end of the self-check quiz we provide a link to a completed model to check against.

I agree with @Ste_Wilson its about the journey- but validating the experience is nice too!