Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Milky Coloured Surface

ian_pedleyian_pedley Member Posts: 8
Hi Guys,
New to the forum.
My last two designs have developed a milky appearance on the top surface towards the end of the procedure.
Any ideas what this could be?

Comments

• NeilCookeNeilCooke Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 5,310
    Sorry @ian_pedley but this made me laugh. Can you show a pic or share a URL?
    Senior Director, Technical Services, EMEAI
  • steve_shubinsteve_shubin Member Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2021
    @ian_pedley

OK this is kind of interesting

Now if you’re talking about a part that you have manufactured using a 3-D printer, then I wouldn’t know what to say

But, if you’re talking about the look of your part within the Onshape app as being milky looking, then it’s possible you have a plane turned on and you’re looking through that plane at the part, which gives it a kind of milky appearance

• tim_hess427tim_hess427 Member Posts: 648 ✭✭✭✭
    Could it be overlapping/coincident surfaces?

• ian_pedleyian_pedley Member Posts: 8
    Thanks for your suggestions guys.
    I have done many designs but strangely, my last two have retained a 'milky' top surface (see attached pic).
    It's probably something I'm doing but is there a fix?
    edited August 2021
    I forgot to add that all the planes are turned off in the above view so cannot be causing the 'milky' appearance.
  • John_P_DesiletsJohn_P_Desilets Onshape Employees, csevp Posts: 233
    @ian_pedley Thats just a sketch on the face. If you hide the sketch that will go away. 
  • wayne_sauderwayne_sauder Member, csevp Posts: 472 PRO
    Shift P is a great shortcut to keep in mind for things like this. 
    Thanks guys. A great help. It was indeed a sketch that need turning off. Peachy now.