Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

How to design sandals

Need steps to draw sandals in on shape

Best Answer

Answers

• mahirmahir Member, Developers Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That request is both very specific and very general. I suggest going through some modeling tutorials. Depending on how complicated your intended design is, it could be as simple as 3 features - a single flat extrude for the base plus a sweep and mirror for the strap. Or, if you're looking to create a complicated ergonomic design, this will involve more complex surfacing features that can't be explained without you providing much more information. Bottom line, help us help you, and start by reading the Forum Post Checklist. Good luck :smile:
  • tharun_sai_devarlatharun_sai_devarla Member Posts: 4
    Tell me steps in onshape
  • dirk_van_der_vaartdirk_van_der_vaart Member Posts: 533 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2021 Answer ✓
  • tharun_sai_devarlatharun_sai_devarla Member Posts: 4
    Need another design for sandals sir could you please do it for me
  • S1monS1mon Member Posts: 2,320 PRO
    People here are more than happy to help with specific questions even when they are things that could easily be Googled or learned from going through the free tutorials. 

However, no one wants to help you cheat or do your work for you. We generally earn our living using Onshape as a tool.

If you could even articulate “I’m trying to model this particular style of sandals and I’ve tried X, Y and Z and I can’t figure out how to do this part…” people would help.

Asking a general question with no details and expecting others to do your class work will not help you succeed in life. 
  • dirk_van_der_vaartdirk_van_der_vaart Member Posts: 533 ✭✭✭
    Have a look at this on https://forum.onshape.com/discussion/17238/student-cheating#latest
    Your mentor can allways find out how you have done YOUR design.