Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

[Feature Request] Ability to add favorite directories when adding new part in assembly

n_schoemaekern_schoemaeker Member Posts: 28 PRO
Hi,

in the menu "Insert parts and assemblies (i)" in an assembly, we have three main tabs: "Current document", "Other document", "Standard Content". When we select "Other documents", it lists "My OnShape", "Recently Opened",  "Created By Me", "Shared with Me" and "Public". It would be very useful if we could add our own shortcuts / favorite directories (or maybe even documents) there. I happen to have a few common directories from which I regularly add components, and navigating through them is painful. The "Recently Opened" feature helps a bit, bit is not enough IMO.

Thanks in advance !
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    NeilCookeNeilCooke Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 5,408
    The insert dialog also shows labels which is good for individual docs or you could also create a team and share a folder to the team. 
    Senior Director, Technical Services, EMEAI
  • Options
    n_schoemaekern_schoemaeker Member Posts: 28 PRO
    Thanks @NeilCooke for the tag tip, I'll try to use that for now.
    Creating a Team and adding to folder seems like a hack, but tags are all right.

I still hope this favorite feature gets added once, though!