Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Improvements to Onshape - December 15th, 2021

Comments

• GuidoNADECGuidoNADEC Member Posts: 27 PRO
    Great work. Thanks!
  • GWS50GWS50 Member Posts: 366 PRO
    Thank you...a magnificent update.
  • CGCAD_Engineer1CGCAD_Engineer1 Member Posts: 12 ✭✭
    What a banger!

Awesome work
  • ErgoflexErgoflex Member Posts: 4 PRO
    Wow, these are great updates!. an even greater update would be adding a feature for bulk exporting STEP files of assembly parts
  • warren_spaldingwarren_spalding Member Posts: 2
    Good job!  Thumbs up!   :)
  • tuner_vijaytuner_vijay Member Posts: 2
    Knowledge is Onshape, never miss to Impress. Thankyou ALL!
  • devin_johnson429devin_johnson429 Member Posts: 2
    Amazing update! Christmas came early! Max distance is something I need to use often, and resort to making construction geometry to measure... Thank you!
  • DarkmannDarkmann Member Posts: 5
    Holy moly guys!
    What a way to end the year, with a huge bunch of updates that are gonna make my process so much easier.
    Thanks for all the active work you do!
  • emagdalenaC2iemagdalenaC2i Member, Developers, Channel partner Posts: 858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    En este enlace podéis ver las Novedades de Onshape en español
    https://youtu.be/YXgBi44FE30
    Un saludo,

Eduardo Magdalena                         C2i Change 2 improve                         ☑ ¿Por qué no organizamos una reunión online?  
                                                                         Partner de PTC - Onshape                                     Averigua a quién conocemos en común
  • Tony_C_Tony_C_ Member Posts: 272 PRO
    WOW! Y'all have been busy

I really like the remembering tools. Can we get that added to the extrude command too so it OS remembers your last extrude command option? Seems to be more doable now that the others are happening.

I dropped it as an improvement request back in 2017 if anyone wants to bump it up.

• MichaelPascoeMichaelPascoe Member Posts: 1,698 PRO
    This update is so legit that I HAVE to comment again. Thanks Onshape team!

Learn more about the Gospel of Christ  ( Here )

CADSharp  -  We make custom features and integrated Onshape apps!   cadsharp.com/featurescripts 💎
  • 3dcad3dcad Member, OS Professional, Mentor Posts: 2,470 PRO
    Very awesome !     
    //rami
  • CBowersCBowers Member Posts: 50 PRO
    Good updates, but the one place I wanted it to remember my inputs, it doesn't remember. Can we add that to break view?
  • Eric_VillarrealEric_Villarreal Member Posts: 1 PRO
    In the process of taking the bootcamp.  My first questions were regarding showing child/parent dependencies, showing max distance, and changing  measurement units... It looks like OnShape is really trying to make a product that does what users need.  I'm looking forward to being an OnShape user!
  • dan_manoimdan_manoim OS Professional Posts: 16 PRO
    Amazing! almost all of the new features are on my wish list.
  • MichaelPascoeMichaelPascoe Member Posts: 1,698 PRO
    In the process of taking the bootcamp.  My first questions were regarding showing child/parent dependencies, showing max distance, and changing  measurement units... It looks like OnShape is really trying to make a product that does what users need.  I'm looking forward to being an OnShape user!
    @Eric_Villarreal
    Don't forget the self paced courses, they are good. Onshape Self Paced Courses

Learn more about the Gospel of Christ  ( Here )

CADSharp  -  We make custom features and integrated Onshape apps!   cadsharp.com/featurescripts 💎
  • xpereiraxpereira Member Posts: 2 PRO
    Love the diagnostic features like Show Dependencies and Missing Selections. These types of features go a long way when managing an efficient part studio and troubleshooting. Thank you for keeping an eye out for those types of improvements. Happy Holidays!
  • PancakeHMPancakeHM Member Posts: 2 EDU
    thank you onshape, very cool
  • kai_yangkai_yang Member Posts: 5 PRO
    Great updates! The drawing capability is getting very close to major league. One more major push needed on being able to use weight property in title block.
  • david_scott322david_scott322 Member Posts: 5 PRO
    Just chipping in to say that some of these updates will help me a lot -especially the unit selection, and large radius sketch accuracy!
  • Logan_5Logan_5 Member Posts: 44 ✭✭✭
    This is a ton of great improvements to Onshape.  The aligned rectangle and hatch improvements are very welcome.

I use hatches a lot to show where a weld should go in a drawing.  Allowing us to drop a hatch on any bounding surface would be fantastic.

Keep up the good work!
  • CasparCaspar Member Posts: 17 ✭✭
    I got very excited when I saw that it's now possible to scale a sketch!

However the real utility comes when when it's possible to 'scale by reference' i.e:
    1. Select a scaling origin
    2. Select a feature / point on the existing sketch
    3. Select new point where the original point (and rest of the sketch) will be scaled to.

I understand that there are currently workarounds but these feel like they're approximations based around scale factors not constraints.

The way transform currently works would lend itself to a very slick implementation of this capability.

Thank you!
  • monroe_weber_shirkmonroe_weber_shirk Member Posts: 94 EDU
    Every time I need to open up an existing document I am thankful for the new link to the folder. That simple addition saves me so many clicks! Thank you!
  • guy_rogelguy_rogel Member, User Group Leader Posts: 84 PRO
    Wow ....this is an amazing new stuff....well done
  • Ryan_AlmeidaRyan_Almeida Member Posts: 9 PRO
    Holy Moly! Those are some good updates!  Thanks!
  • StephenGStephenG Member Posts: 367 ✭✭✭
    Good job!

Finally an update focused on refining existing functionality (usability) as opposed to adding new features.  
    I am using 1.140 but am not seeing the ability to change measurement units.

Also, the N shortcut (2nd N depress to flip) is not working. 
  • ilya_baranilya_baran Onshape Employees, Developers, HDM Posts: 1,173
    @StephenG they're both working for me.  Perhaps some weirdness with a stale browser cache -- try holding shift and clicking the reload button in your browser?
    Ilya Baran \ VP, Architecture and FeatureScript \ Onshape Inc
    I did a "F5-Refresh" the page but it did not correct the issue... was unaware that there is a "Hard Refresh" (Ctrl-F5, Shift clicking reload button).

Anyway, option to change measurement units and flipping nature of N shortcut is now working.