Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Highlight Mates

IsoworksIsoworks Member Posts: 22 PRO
I would like to suggest that when you click on a part in the assembly that it highlights the mate. Currently it highlights the part in the parts list but it does NOT highlight the mate. This would save a great deal of time. 

Thank you.

Comments

• Daniel_KaneDaniel_Kane Member, Onshape Employees Posts: 22
    This is something you can do with "Show mates mode" (keyboard shortcut "h"). When you select a part, it will show the mates in the graphics area. The graphical mates can be selected to then be highlighted in the Mate Features list. https://cad.onshape.com/help/Content/show-mates.htm 
  • john_mcclaryjohn_mcclary Member, Developers Posts: 3,890 PRO
    Yea, but show mates shows all mates in sub assemblies too. Very painful still to edit mates that touch assemblies 
  • tim_hess427tim_hess427 Member Posts: 648 ✭✭✭✭
    I agree with the original post here - when I click a part in an assembly, I want the mates in the mate list to highlight. It can be difficult to click on the mate icon when "show mates mode" is on and you have several parts close together or overlapping - trying to click on the icon just ends up selecting another part. 

I just want to click on a part, and see the highlighted mate in the list. 
  • IsoworksIsoworks Member Posts: 22 PRO
    @tim_hess427 The ability to show the mates when you click on a part would save so much time. 

We need this: "I just want to click on a part, and see the highlighted mate in the list."

How do we get people to vote on this feature?