Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

How do we find useful feature scripts?

bruce_williamsbruce_williams Member, Developers Posts: 842 PRO
@Jake_Rosenfeld posted a very helpful article about adding FS at the end of this discussion

Jake or others - I have seen this question on forum before but I do not remember a good answer.   I know FS is not intended long-term solutions to generally required functions.  However, for now there is a lot of good stuff which we could be using.  Knowing and organizing what is available is difficult.  Besides getting a recommendation on the forum what tips & tools do you have for discovering and organizing Custom Features (aka Feature Script).

www.accuratepattern.com

Best Answers

• Options
    brucebartlettbrucebartlett Member, OS Professional, Mentor, User Group Leader Posts: 2,137 PRO
    Answer ✓
    They say the cream rises to the top, so one way to find good feature scripts is to search the public section of Onshape and sort by the most links. The quality feature scripts docs are generally at the top of this list. 

Engineer ı Product Designer ı Onshape Consulting Partner
    Twitter: @onshapetricks  & @babart1977   

Answers

• Options
    brucebartlettbrucebartlett Member, OS Professional, Mentor, User Group Leader Posts: 2,137 PRO
    Answer ✓
    They say the cream rises to the top, so one way to find good feature scripts is to search the public section of Onshape and sort by the most links. The quality feature scripts docs are generally at the top of this list. 

Engineer ı Product Designer ı Onshape Consulting Partner
    Twitter: @onshapetricks  & @babart1977   
  • Options
    bruce_williamsbruce_williams Member, Developers Posts: 842 PRO
    @brucebartlett

Great tip!  That goes a long ways in finding FS.  It is a little easier when the docs are named with 'Feature Script'.   Amazing how many are written!  

The search function seems to have a ways to go.  Am I missing or can you do the following?
    1) sort on the columns after filtering with a term in the search field (like 'feature')?
    2) filter for documents that have FS?
    3) I was trying to figure out how to group selected docs and realized Label is perfect.  Select a number of docs and add label like 'Cool Feature Script'.  Then can just filter by Label.  However, can we filter for more than one Label at a time?

www.accuratepattern.com
  • Options
    troy_ostrandertroy_ostrander Member Posts: 21
    I am almost discovering great FeatureScripts.....Why is sort by link is missing here?  See screenshot.

• Options
    troy_ostrandertroy_ostrander Member Posts: 21
    I found this list useful: https://github.com/dcowden/featurescript