Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

The drawings are not generating

mario_darceuilmario_darceuil Member Posts: 108 ✭✭
Please look at the tag below and see that it is not generating, I don't think my MAC is the problem. Please help.

Best Answer

• Options
    Answer ✓
    Gee i thought i extruded them to 1/16 or  1/32 inches decimal.Thanks. I created one fin and used the linear tool to get the others. Do i used merge or make coincident with the tube to attach them?

Answers

• Options
    NeilCookeNeilCooke Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 5,420
    That's because you made the fins from surfaces that have zero thickness and are not attached to the tube - you need to create thin solid extrude features.
    Senior Director, Technical Services, EMEAI
  • Options
    Answer ✓
    Gee i thought i extruded them to 1/16 or  1/32 inches decimal.Thanks. I created one fin and used the linear tool to get the others. Do i used merge or make coincident with the tube to attach them?
  • Options
    NeilCookeNeilCooke Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 5,420
    Just use the “add” option in the extrude dialog. 
    Senior Director, Technical Services, EMEAI