Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Render Studio: Multiple instances of a part are not changed simultaneously (most of the time)

rene_finkrene_fink Member Posts: 3
edited February 2022 in Using Onshape
Hey guys,

I'm in a situation where I use a lot of duplicate pipe fittings etc. For some few assemblies, changing one of those instances will affect all the instances, but for the most part I need to apply an appearance separately for each and every instance, increasing the time required to get to a render by quite a bit.

How can I make sure that multiple instances of a part in an assembly get "treated as one" in Render Studio? Are there any prerequisites?

This together with missing custom, saveable appearances (or at least copy/paste) are my two biggest gripes so far...

Cheers
René

Comments

• 3dcad3dcad Member, OS Professional, Mentor Posts: 2,470 PRO
    edited March 2022
    Going forward I think it would be nice if we could tie render material to onshape material. This would make things pretty easy for standard stuff :+1:

Considering also surface / face finish it might be better to tie default render material to color code of face / part .. 
    //rami