Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

For fun, tried OS on a 2005 1st gen Intel MacBook

nick_papageorge073nick_papageorge073 Member, csevp Posts: 659 PRO
Typing now from an old 2005 MacBook with the Core Duo that I haven't turned on in 10 years. I had to download a forked Firefox browser called Spiderweb to even open any web sites. cad.onshape.com works fine on the landing page. All my documents are there and show up properly. When I go inside a document, the graphics are all wrong. The browser test also fails. I'm not complaining, I thought it would be fun to see what happens. No-go:)

Comments

• S1monS1mon Member Posts: 2,320 PRO
    It would be interesting to see what the oldest/lowest-tech machine is that will successfully run Onshape. 
  • john_mcclaryjohn_mcclary Member, Developers Posts: 3,890 PRO
    WebGL was released in 2011.
    So, you're limited to video cards released around that time that support WebGL.

I'm not sure if Onshape requires WebGL 2.0 (Which was released 2017). 
  • nick_papageorge073nick_papageorge073 Member, csevp Posts: 659 PRO
    S1mon said:
    It would be interesting to see what the oldest/lowest-tech machine is that will successfully run Onshape. 
    I have one of those $120 new from Amazon “mini-PC’s”. It’s hooked up to my hobby CNC to control it. I use it occasionally when I’m at the CNC and it runs OS well enough for simple stuff. 
  • Jake_DelanoJake_Delano Member, Onshape Employees Posts: 41
    I know I've tried on a 2011 Macbook and it's worked just fine
  • billy2billy2 Member, OS Professional, Mentor, Developers, User Group Leader Posts: 2,014 PRO
    I've ran OS on a raspberry pi using their mini display. It kinda worked.