Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Onshape performance really bad (13:15 CET, Belgium)

caradoncaradon OS Professional, Mentor Posts: 300 PRO
edited November 2014 in Using Onshape
Anyone else experiencing really bad Onshape performance today?
I'm in Belgium.
I tried Chrome and Firefox. No difference.
I did a Speedtest. 8ms ping, 150mbps down, 10mbps up.

Rolling back features and then rolling forward doesn't regenerate the features. 

Strangely only seems to affect one document...

Dries

Comments

• billy2billy2 Member, OS Professional, Mentor, Developers, User Group Leader Posts: 2,014 PRO
    Did you upgrade to Yosemite (MACS latest OS)?

I did and with chrome64, I'm having issues with graphics. Went to safari and everything seems fine.
    Zooming & rotating parts & assemblies appear to be delayed, sometimes a lot. Zooms are cached so
    it'll still be updating while I'm moving onto the next command. When you try and pick something, it moves 
    or rotates due to a zoom or rotate in the graphic buffer. Some days work better than others. 

Not sure where the problem lies,
  • caradoncaradon OS Professional, Mentor Posts: 300 PRO
    I think it's a bug of some sort. I'm only having issues with one document. Sadly it's our 'Tinkertubes' doc! :\

Dries
  • lougallolougallo Member, Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 2,001
    @DriesV Submitted these here will not be the speediest way to get help.  Please make sure you submit tickets so I can get it addressed fast! I saw the ticket already.
    Lou Gallo / PD/UX - Support - Community / Onshape, Inc.
  • lougallolougallo Member, Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 2,001
    edited November 2014
    @DriesV This was probably due to Yosemite.  Google Chrome (stable) just pushed 39 which is 64bit as well but should be much better on performance.  Let me know if this is still an issue.
    Lou Gallo / PD/UX - Support - Community / Onshape, Inc.