Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

How do I reference a configuration column in a drawing?

I would like to be able to display the number of teeth in my drawing when updating the configuration

Answers

• Options
    MichaelPascoeMichaelPascoe Member Posts: 1,724 PRO
    edited December 2022

There is not a direct way to do this that I know of. However, it is possible to control the "Description" property of those parts with your configurations using Set property - custom feature. Let me know if you need some help with it.

John and Raj have the better approaches for this ⬇️

Learn more about the Gospel of Christ  ( Here )

CADSharp  -  We make custom features and integrated Onshape apps!   cadsharp.com/featurescripts 💎
  • Options
    john_mcclaryjohn_mcclary Member, Developers Posts: 3,902 PRO
    You can also just set the tooth count to a configured property. You can see the tab on the top of your first photo
  • Options
    raj_Onshaperaj_Onshape Onshape Employees Posts: 106
    You can use computed custom properties to propagate "Number of Teeth" to a custom property and then use it in the drawing