Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

How do I make two lines into one line?

cyrus_costa541cyrus_costa541 Member Posts: 29
I am trying to use the bounded surface feature but to do that you can have a maximum of 4 lines surrounding the face. So I want to connect two lines, in the same plane to make them into one line. How do I do this?

Comments

• Options
    Evan_ReeseEvan_Reese Member Posts: 2,066 PRO
    Once you make one selection, you should be able to click the carat next to it and expand the selection to add the other edge without having to join them some other way.
    Evan Reese / Principal and Industrial Designer with Ovyl
  • Options
    lanalana Onshape Employees Posts: 699
    The boundary surface is 4-sided. You can select multiple curves to form one boundary, but they have to be tangent. If you need a multi-sided patch, Fill might be a better option. 
  • Options
    cyrus_costa541cyrus_costa541 Member Posts: 29
    @lana what if I wanted to make a line into two lines to avoid the fill control saying that I have two loops
  • Options
    NeilCookeNeilCooke Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 5,417
    Try 3D fit spline > edges (which must be perfectly tangent).
    Senior Director, Technical Services, EMEAI
  • Options
    lanalana Onshape Employees Posts: 699
    @cyrus_costa541
    Sharing your design (https://forum.onshape.com/discussion/9107/forum-post-checklist-read-this-first#latest)  would help me to understand your question better