Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
- Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
- Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
- Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
- Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.
Improvements to Onshape - June 26, 2015
lougallo Member, Administrator, Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 1,617
edited June 2015 in New in Onshape
Who is ready for update day? I am excited to announce a number of improvements across various areas of Onshape today. Little improvements like arrow key navigation on the Documents page to some larger updates like 2nd end position extrude span the list so let's get to it:
- NEW 2nd end position Extrude - A new option in Extrude introduces a second end position (double arrow) that can have it's own set of end conditions and supports direction control. This allows an offset sketch situation to be controlled easily.
- NEW Feature List filter - At the top of the Feature List you can now search by name or type. This will display the list in a filtered view and collapse sections that do not match the search. Pro Tip: Hover over the ellipsis '...' to see the features collapsed in a tooltip and rollback also works!!.
- NEW Copy/Paste Sketches - Now you can select and copy sketches to use in the same Part Studio or another Part Studio in another document.
- NEW Silhouette tool - When in the Use command there are highlights that allow you to convert the silhouette edges of your choice.
- Hide/Show using Groups - A new option is now available for Assemblies that use Groups. The Group can act as a quick selection list to change the visibility state (hide or show).
- Reset mate positions in sub-assemblies from the top level assembly - In an Assembly, access to the reset option is now available on any mates created in a sub-assembly.
- Assembly selection boxes show same name/color as the Part List - In instances where the mates fail to solve (displayed in red) or are suppressed, they will now display with the same color and name that are displayed in the Instances list.
- Arrow key navigation on the Documents page. (The Delete key also works!)
- Rename and copy workspaces from the Documents page using the gear menu.
- Version selection on Parasolid export.
- Zoom to selection in the view cube (shown only with an active selection)
- View cube corners on all corners - Clicking on the corners will show the corresponding trimetric view.
Lou Gallo / PD/UX - Support - Community / Onshape, Inc.