Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:

1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Hose/tube/wire routing workflows

michael_mcclainmichael_mcclain Member Posts: 178 PRO
Hello all,

I am tasked with routing many tubes in a complex system.

I am currently using the Hose Routing custom feature: https://cad.onshape.com/documents/54d06a3b8abd1fcb0daba26b/v/16f739552dcdf3d410138b57/e/e689b647e557695970d3d603
I am using a combination of circular faces, cylindrical surface extrusions, & sketched circles to route tubes, but I find it to be a lot of work.

I would like to ask the community for workflows, and tips & trick to routing tubing, wiring, hoses, etc...

I am also wondering if someone has a featurescript that uses spatial points (maybe x,y,z coordinates) to pass a 3D curve through and then sweeps a circle profile along the curve path. I am not very familiar with featurescript or I would attempt it.

Thank you, Michael