Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Alternative method of creating the Gyrosphere Tutorial for High School Students and below

jack_aiellojack_aiello Member Posts: 12 EDU
I ran into a problem using the tutorial provided by OnShape for the Gyrosphere.  In particular, the Shell tool didn't seem to work on a sphere. As a workaround, I created a half-sphere and Shelled it. I then Mirrored the hollow hemisphere and continued the tutorial from that point on.  I have found several other tools that don't seem to work as advertised and don't know if it is because of my lack of experience since I am new to Onshape, or a software glitch with Onshape. I have attached a complete tutorial to this document should anyone else want to use it.  I am interested in working with any other teachers working with Onshape since we will be on distance learning in the Fall.  Most of my students do not have a computer powerful enough to run other CAD programs.

Comments