Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
- Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
- Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
- Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
- Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.
If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.
OBJ file export
Brad_Goodman Member Posts: 33 ✭✭
Is there any way to export an obj (Wavefront?) file for 3d printing? I've Googled it like crazy - can't seem to figure it out, or find any Apps that can do it, though this would seem like a VERY obvious desire. Am I missing something??
We currently do not support exporting to the OBJ format. STL export is supported, if that is of any help.
Anyone having problems with this? Some slicer (Prusaslicer/Slic3r) having:
1. Scale/Sizes are wrong
2. Files are very large - i.e. larger than the "fine" STLs.
3. Getting invalid geometry (non-manifold part) errors from slicer (from more complex objects)
I can't verify if these are actually a slicer on on Onshape exporter issues.
(Update: A friend of mine just reported same issues with Cura slicer, too).