Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Chaos in search for a Featurescript

2»

Comments

• Options
    billy2billy2 Member, OS Professional, Mentor, Developers, User Group Leader Posts: 2,014 PRO
    It'd also be nice for authors to describe what the script does in the description so we know what the script does. Nobody uses it and it'd make listings better if they contained a brief description.

• Options
    billy2billy2 Member, OS Professional, Mentor, Developers, User Group Leader Posts: 2,014 PRO
    I think I've found the original "thread creator"

These are some impressive stats. I haven't seen anything else close to this.

• Options
    edited September 2022
    Here's the 1st description I've found in the entire FS library that wasn't "official".

It'd be nice if everyone did this and tell us what the FS does.

The description that is captured in the featurescript database is the documents description. Just in case you wanted to add a description for the feature scripts you're currently working on.

• Options
    NeilCookeNeilCooke Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 5,379
    I did toy with the idea of creating a pinned announcement in the FeatureScript category with a list of official scripts. Still can if you think it will help. 
    Senior Director, Technical Services, EMEAI
  • Options
    Here's a listing of popular feature scripts. 

FS Select Click

If there's one that I've missed please post the did which can be found below in your address bar:

I'll add it to the listing.

• Options
    edited October 2022
    I haven't given up on creating a database to list feature scripts. Websites are like children and require a lot of attention. I've got rustyshed.com updated to the latest releases and ready to populate with a new database.

Link to rustyshed.com

I've got the database running locally and it's pretty straight forward. Currently the example app creates an api similar to glassworks and I need to repurpose it into a sockets based app. I'm also going to update the "OS api-key" example to include a newer nodejs version and include the newer await functionality vs. using request. I'll be posting this in the OS git repository for those using express and want to switch to using the api-key method.

I'm using this opportunity to build a newer cache database  which is currently quite popular. Cloud API's are being repurposed a lot these days and what I'm about to do is not uncommon. Most cache databases are implemented for speed improvements but many are created for reorganization similar to what we're doing. Currently there are approximately 10,000 feature scripts with many being added daily.

• Options
    MichaelPascoeMichaelPascoe Member Posts: 1,713 PRO
    edited January 2023

Here is an improvement request to make finding features easier: Feature Store - Improvement Request

Learn more about the Gospel of Christ  ( Here )

CADSharp  -  We make custom features and integrated Onshape apps!   cadsharp.com/featurescripts 💎