Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

additional enhancements and general usage feedback

jeremy_luchinijeremy_luchini Member Posts: 5 ✭✭

-when sketching on face….line tool doesn’t pick up centers of edges…

-when mating, preselected faces aren’t stored, so I lose the selection, have to add clicks
-need a distance mate
-named my parts, but part names not showing up in assembly tree.
-mate to plane?
*ball mate works well, fillets and reordering fillets work well.
-upload image as a ‘thumbnail’ of project to share, move the image to the first tab -   inconsistent thumbnail creation….doesn’t always default to first tab…
-when browsing in large feature tree, right click menu gets hard to read (buried under top toolbar) sometimes…can’t access some commands…..have to zoom out google chrome, retry…
-hide/show mate annotations would be nice, view gets cluttered fast on mating components
-dividing not working when entering fractions in dialogs?
*nice parametric behavior when I make changes to parts in a tab…then tab back to assembly….for fast reviews of modifications….  I like the speed compared to alt+tab thumbnail approach across open files in a desktop app..
*things like projected edges, construction lines, trim tool, offset tool, finding centers of circles and lines - work great
-Mirrored features vs. Mirrored part - would be helpful.
-face selection a bit tough so far..., find myself zooming in to get a hold of faces….not edges….even very large faces….the cursor doesn’t find the face usually….

Cheers!

my public project:  'suspension system'
w/several dynamic&mate conditions across components: 
parts so far: controls arms, bushings, mounts, ball joints
still to come: spindle, sway bar, coil-over shock dampers, rod-arms
alignment setup: camber, caster, tow, kingpin angle, spring rate   

Comments

• lougallolougallo Member, Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 2,001
    edited November 2014
    @jluchini Awesome ... tickets are coming your way.   A few things...
    - You should be able to wake up midpoints of edges when sketching a line.
    - Distance mating is currently done using the mate connector move option.  There is an issue to make this easier tho.
    - Naming parts or part Studios?  If you name the parts in a part studio, those names show up in the tree.
    - Thumbnails creation is done when you exit a doc or switch tabs.  
    - Mate annotations (mate connectors) can be hidden now.

The other issues you mentioned we are aware of and I will send you tickets on them..
    Lou Gallo / PD/UX - Support - Community / Onshape, Inc.
  • stevehessstevehess Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 98
    edited November 2014
    Hi Jeremy ( @jluchini‌  )

Great stuff!

o Thumbnail generation is for most recently changed tab.  Although a user specified thumbnail is a good idea @LouGallo‌
    o If names don't show up in assy then that's a bug.

Steve Hess \ Onshape Inc.
  • brucebartlettbrucebartlett Member, OS Professional, Mentor, User Group Leader Posts: 2,137 PRO
    jluchini, I had a quick look at your project. I could not branch or make changes so I must not have access to do this, still just learning and experimenting, I I have not done much collaboration yet. I think you need to add some mate connectors into your part studio's, this makes mating in assembly heaps easier, also the move function on the mate connector gives you an offset, I've been setting these up in the part studio, have not done one in the assembly studio yet. 
    Engineer ı Product Designer ı Onshape Consulting Partner
    Twitter: @onshapetricks  & @babart1977