Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Keep sketch selected after closing sketch operation

BouwyBouwy Member Posts: 16 ✭✭
So I start a sketch. Draw the sketch.
Click the green check to finish sketching.
I want to extrude so I click the extrude, but have to start by clicking the sketch I just made.
So now after closing the sketch I select the sketch (that I just made) from the feature list and click extrude, which makes the extrude based on the sketch directly.

Most of the time I want to start extrude or other feature with the sketch I just made.
So it would be great if the sketch is selected after finishing sketching.
Is that possible?
I belief solidworks had this build-in.

Best Answer

Answers

• BouwyBouwy Member Posts: 16 ✭✭
    Nice!
    It works!
    Thanks!
  • lougallolougallo Member, Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 2,001
    Or SHIFT +E ;-) 
    Lou Gallo / PD/UX - Support - Community / Onshape, Inc.
  • traveler_hauptmantraveler_hauptman Member, OS Professional, Mentor, Developers Posts: 419 PRO
    Creo also does a reasonably nice job of keeping selected what is most likely to be used next.