Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Change Revolve Direction

ParsaParsa Member Posts: 1
Hey, I'm trying to rotate a series of objects around each other in unison but am having trouble rotating some of the pieces in the direction I'd like. If you look at the attached images, the first image shows the first state. Once I start to move the piece on the lower right, I'd like the darker object on the top to rotate clockwise around the piece that I'm actually moving (lighter grey). Instead, it's moving counter-clockwise, which I guess makes sense if this were a mechanism, but not necessarily in this scenario. The second image shows what is actually happening, and the third shows what I would like to happen. I've tried changing the orientation of the mate connectors and all that. Someone let me know if there's a way to do this! Thanks!

1.png 194.3K
2.png 192.5K
3.png 213.9K

Comments

• Options
    lougallolougallo Member, Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 2,001
    @Parsa Mate connectors are not conditional so they are always evaluating their connections. If you would like, you can click share with support link at the bottom of the Share dialog and we can take a look.
    Lou Gallo / PD/UX - Support - Community / Onshape, Inc.