Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

How to constrain motionless parts?

Josy_LaJosy_La Member Posts: 82 ✭✭
Our assemblies do not require movement therefore I always use the fastened mate when I have matching holes conditions. But some of my parts don't have holes but still need to be fix in a precise location. How can I mate them without the use of mate connector?

Best Answers

Answers

• Options
    Josy_LaJosy_La Member Posts: 82 ✭✭
    Ok thanks I see what Planar mate can do for me. It is an acceptable solution easy to work with.
  • Options
    bill_danielsbill_daniels Member Posts: 277 ✭✭✭
    How do I precisely position a part IN CLEAR SPACE where there is nothing to place a receiving mate on?  I know the exact XYZ coordinates where I want the part to go relative to the origin.
  • Options
    NeilCookeNeilCooke Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 5,417
    @bill_daniels use a fasten mate on the origin then use the offset option to specify your XYZ location

Senior Director, Technical Services, EMEAI