Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Where do you Onshape?

robert_robermanrobert_roberman Member Posts: 3
edited April 2015 in General
I have recently been talking to some of the Onshape users and the unique places they have been creating designs. I just got back from a RV road trip and it was great to be able to design & collaborate with multiple people all over the world using Onshape on Macbook Pro & iPhone .

Comments

• Options
    robert_robermanrobert_roberman Member Posts: 3
    I meant where do you Onshape : )
  • Options
    traveler_hauptmantraveler_hauptman Member, OS Professional, Mentor, Developers Posts: 419 PRO
    edited April 2015
    Home office, Wellington NZ...

• Options
    Research_01Research_01 OS Professional, Mentor, Developers Posts: 301 PRO
    On a flight at 40K feet on my iPad
  • Options
    lougallolougallo Member, Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 2,001
    On Trail...

At the ballpark...

Done a few inter-jet collaboration sessions: 

Lou Gallo / PD/UX - Support - Community / Onshape, Inc.
  • Options
    3dcad3dcad Member, OS Professional, Mentor Posts: 2,470 PRO
    Currently I'm just dreaming of situations where actual modeling is made in office but I can grab ipad and walk to the production site and show new models and get comments from machinists immediately. Also constrution sites, exhibitions, production sites, heating plants, stores / shopping centres and so..

Main reason why I haven't modeled everything surrounding me is that I should have a pen&paper and get the dimensions first - this barrier is breaking with OnShape. Now having an Ipad actually makes sense.  
    //rami
  • Options
    andrew_troupandrew_troup Member, Mentor Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭✭✭
    in bed ...

If I wake up in the middle of the night with an idea I can flip open the Chromebook and capture it in 3D (provided it's simple - as the best ideas are)

(has to be simple, given the current limitations of OnS and my unfamiliarity at this early stage)
  • Options
    pete_yodispete_yodis OS Professional, Mentor Posts: 666 ✭✭✭
    Home office, Wellington NZ...

@Traveler_Hauptman I vote for the first annual Onshape user conference to be held in your town.  I'd like to CAD there!
  • Options
    chris_aicherchris_aicher OS Professional, User Group Leader Posts: 23 PRO
    edited April 2015
    I agree @Pete_Yodis

Chris Aicher
    aicher@battleaxe.com
    Tigard, OR
  • Options
    darren_7darren_7 Onshape Employees Posts: 3
    These are fantastic photos -- We plan to share the best ones in #CADAnywhere blogs and social media posts. Please keep them coming! 
  • Options
    traveler_hauptmantraveler_hauptman Member, OS Professional, Mentor, Developers Posts: 419 PRO
    edited April 2015
    You guys are welcome anytime. The airport is 10 minutes away around the corner to the left. If you don't like flying, wear diapers.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ba_OBVafiq0

• Options
    pete_yodispete_yodis OS Professional, Mentor Posts: 666 ✭✭✭
    @Traveler_Hauptman Looks like a pilot proving ground to me...
  • Options
    andrew_troupandrew_troup Member, Mentor Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭✭✭
     <<If you don't like flying, wear diapers.>>

New Zealanders call them "nappies" but don't worry; mostly they're bilingual