Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Rotating Sketch Features

stuart_everystuart_every Member Posts: 3
edited December 2016 in Community Support
Drew a feature in a Sketch, and then needed to change its position on the Component Circumference.

Couldn't figure out how to Rotate these features, nor how to choose a Centre of Rotation.

Ended up using the Transform (I think) function, which gave me the white arrow Tool. I dragged the 'point' of this tool, to the Rotation Centre, then used the Rotate icon to select that function, then inputed the angle; all ok so far...

Then clicked the left button to OK the change, at which point the feature shot across to a random point in the Sketch

What am I doing wrong here?

Best Answer

Answers

• shade_wilsonshade_wilson Member Posts: 2
    How do you rotate a sketch in 3D? For example, if you were facing the object in the same direction the entire time and then rotating it exactly 90 degrees, it would look completely flat, just like turning around a piece of paper. I cannot figure out how to do this.
  • NeilCookeNeilCooke Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 4,228
    How do you rotate a sketch in 3D? For example, if you were facing the object in the same direction the entire time and then rotating it exactly 90 degrees, it would look completely flat, just like turning around a piece of paper. I cannot figure out how to do this.
    Edit the sketch plane in the sketch dialog to point to a plane at 90 degrees
    Director, Technical Services, EMEAI