Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape, CAD, maker project and design.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:

1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Improvements to Onshape - April 6, 2015

lougallolougallo Member, Administrator, Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 1,362
edited April 2015 in New in Onshape
First I would like to thank all of you that have joined our Beta over the past month and submitted feedback to us.  This week we are launching some new functionality around assembly mating, sketching and a few other sharing and subscription updates.  Let's take a look!

Highlights include:
  1. Offset option for Fastened, Slider, Planar, Revolute and Pin/Slot mates (distance)

2. Screw/Linear relations

3. Driven dimensions (will automatically show greyed if driven and can be switched in the context menu.

4. Add/delete spline points (deletion is done by selecting the point and hitting Delete on the keyboard)

5. Adding or duplicating tabs now places the new tab next to the current/active tab (used to add it to the end..)

6. Remove yourself from a shared document

7. Reactivate a canceled subscription

We hope you find this wave of improvements helpful and we are already busy on the next batch of functionality so stay tuned.  You can also read our official What's New blog post as well.  As always, please let us know what you think! ~Lou
Lou Gallo / PD/UX - Support - Community / Onshape, Inc.

Comments

• lonnie_1lonnie_1 Member Posts: 36 ✭✭
    WOW, great progress!
  • david_sohlstromdavid_sohlstrom Member, Mentor Posts: 159 ✭✭
    Now the hard part. Waiting another 3 weeks for the next update. Good to see these updates.

Dave
    David Sohlstrom

Ariel, WA
  • ChuckBarkerChuckBarker Member Posts: 1
    Love the offset for assemblies
  • brucebartlettbrucebartlett Member, OS Professional, Mentor Posts: 1,443 PRO
    Hey @LouGallo ; could not resist doing this Gif for the screw mate. Also includes the gear mate and the rack and pinionimage
    Engineer ı Product Designer ı Onshape Consulting Partner
    Twitter: @onshapetricks  & @babart1977   
  • 3dcad3dcad Member, OS Professional, Mentor Posts: 2,154 PRO
    Great work!
    //rami
  • mbartlett21mbartlett21 Member Posts: 548 EDU
  • michael_mcclainmichael_mcclain Member Posts: 96 PRO
    BAH! I thought this was the new update we've been waiting for! I got so excited, then realized its three years old!
    BAH! I thought this was the new update we've been waiting for! I got so excited, then realized its three years old!
    :smiley:

• john_mcclaryjohn_mcclary Member, Developers Posts: 742 PRO
    Well, we aint in april quite yet ;p

Now I can bet what OnShape will do come April 1st...
  • owen_sparksowen_sparks Member, Developers Posts: 1,287 PRO
    Add that save button we've been searching for?
    Production Engineer
    HWM-Water Ltd
  • john_mcclaryjohn_mcclary Member, Developers Posts: 742 PRO
    Yea, they should add it in, and have it not do anything. Kind of like the close door button in an elevator
    Yea, they should add it in, and have it not do anything. Kind of like the close door button in an elevator
    @john_mcclary
    @owen_sparks
     Or make it say: "Error: Onshape has crashed. Reason: Filesystem not found"