Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Onshape Roadmap

felipe_4felipe_4 Member Posts: 3
Hello, Is there a Roadmap on regard of features like sheetmetal? or tools like loft?

Thank you
Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• felipe_4felipe_4 Member Posts: 3
    Thank you Jake, I'm probably not alone on regard of sheetmetal, hope is something to be added soon, would like to move to onshape soon.
  • lougallolougallo Member, Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 2,001
    @Felipe You are not alone!  I have added you to the request.  We have many...
    Lou Gallo / PD/UX - Support - Community / Onshape, Inc.
  • 3dcad3dcad Member, OS Professional, Mentor Posts: 2,470 PRO
    OnShape updates are like christmas, you may not get what you wish for but if you keep your mind open there is always pretty cool stuff to play with.. And it's more than once a year  B)
    //rami
  • emerson_botteroemerson_bottero Member, Developers Posts: 37 ✭✭
    I wonder that as well with FeatureScript I begin to worry if my FS resolves a problem that will be fixed anyway in the next few moths??? :hushed:
    I used to Solidworks and they never did what I did , with Macros and Add-ons, for the company I own even I'm pretty sure every Equipment manufacturer in the world would love to have those solutions.

• 3dcad3dcad Member, OS Professional, Mentor Posts: 2,470 PRO
    @emerson_bottero
    Unlike other cad companies, with Onshape you can use feedback in your cad menu and ask if they have planned the stuff you need - you will get professional answer rather than some secretary telling you how much they value your input but never answer your question.
    //rami
  • brucebartlettbrucebartlett Member, OS Professional, Mentor, User Group Leader Posts: 2,137 PRO
    edited June 2016
    3dcad said:
    OnShape updates are like christmas, you may not get what you wish for but if you keep your mind open there is always pretty cool stuff to play with.. And it's more than once a year  B)
    More than once a month so far, and service packs are a thing of the past (never felt Christmas having to add one those). 
    Engineer ı Product Designer ı Onshape Consulting Partner
    Twitter: @onshapetricks  & @babart1977   
  • brucebartlettbrucebartlett Member, OS Professional, Mentor, User Group Leader Posts: 2,137 PRO
    Appears that the roadmap (not the overall vision for the product) will be decided by the requests coming in and is continually flexible and likely to change based on customer demands, having a published roadmap could lead to customer disappoint as plans change. So if you need something add your voice to the list of improvements, hopefully with a robust list the cream will raise to the top and we get the most important things in first. 

Last time I checked sheetmetal was on the top of the list so expect to see it soon however it's no going to be the easiest thing to add, as I imagine there are a lot of thing to consider with it.
    Engineer ı Product Designer ı Onshape Consulting Partner
    Twitter: @onshapetricks  & @babart1977