Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Hours Report

guy_rogelguy_rogel Member, User Group Leader Posts: 84 PRO
As a lot of us are charging our clients by the hour, It would be very cool if Onshape could give us a report how many hours each workspace was open between 2 dates (or this week, this month atc...)
This is one of those idea that have nothing to do with engineering but can steel be a great feature.
Guy
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    lougallolougallo Member, Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 2,001
    @guy_rogel We hope to offer this in our Enterprise solution in the future.  
    Lou Gallo / PD/UX - Support - Community / Onshape, Inc.
  • Options
    brucebartlettbrucebartlett Member, OS Professional, Mentor, User Group Leader Posts: 2,137 PRO
    Yes, that would be a great feature. 
    Engineer ı Product Designer ı Onshape Consulting Partner
    Twitter: @onshapetricks  & @babart1977   
  • Options
    Tony_C_Tony_C_ Member Posts: 272 PRO
    I think it would be better if it only tracked time when there was actual action on the screen.

I can't be the only one who walks away from my computer to get coffee and that turns into a 45 minute sidetrack.

I wouldn't want that time counted.    
  • Options
    MBartlett21MBartlett21 Member, OS Professional, Developers Posts: 2,034 EDU
    AND when you have onshape open, but you're actually on another window.

This would be really good.
    mb - draftsman - also FS author: View FeatureScripts
    IR for AS/NZS 1100
  • Options
    john_mcclaryjohn_mcclary Member, Developers Posts: 3,898 PRO
    +1  Sometimes I work from home and I forget to log my time.. It's nice I can go back and check activity, but that ended up adding 10 minutes just clicking and scrolling down the history :)