Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

RealityServer for Onshape Q&A

1235»

Comments

• Jasper_BeekmannJasper_Beekmann Member Posts: 8 PRO
    Hi all, I just started with Realityserver. I have the following problem: my Onshape model has configurations. How do I choose which configuration Realityserver uses to import? I see it doesn't use the current configuration, it doesn't use the configuration of the last made version and it doesn't use the default set configuration. Who knows?
    For Part Studios it should use the configuration currently selected in the Part Studio, however assemblies don't have a concept of a default configuration so you need to insert the assembly into another assembly and select the desired configuration when inserting. Then convert that assembly.
    That works! Thanks!
  • zachary_jones566zachary_jones566 Member Posts: 1 EDU
    Is there a way to import custom textures into Reality Server?
  • gabriel_grantgabriel_grant Member Posts: 8 EDU
    Is it just me, or is Reality Server no longer available in the App Store?
  • Aaron_MagninAaron_Magnin Member, Onshape Employees Posts: 114
    @gabriel_grant Technically, there's an app store entry BUT its really just a placeholder: https://appstore.onshape.com/apps/Rendering/UC2WIH77IYEPHNW7RQB3HZ7JIGINWJ7PQUPVZOY=/description 
    While its transitioning from a migenius product to being fully integrated with Onshape, expect this to be the case. 

@zachary_jones566 See: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2RjKFVwlS3M 
  • MichaelPascoeMichaelPascoe Member Posts: 1,698 PRO
    edited April 2021
    @paul_arden
    I'm really excited to see this being implemented into Onshape. Congrats and thank you!

I have a few questions:
    • Will there be perspective mode or section view mode? 
    • Do you think there will be support for animation, walk through, or some sort or 360 degree product display?
    • Is this compatible with the 3D Connexion space mouse?

Learn more about the Gospel of Christ  ( Here )

CADSharp  -  We make custom features and integrated Onshape apps!   cadsharp.com/featurescripts 💎
  • shawn_crockershawn_crocker Member, OS Professional Posts: 798 PRO
    Integrated? I'm liking how this sounds. Hoping it's somehow included with my professional license? Hoping it becomes more intuitive and user friendly? Hoping I will be able to save edited materials to reuse in other projects?
  • addison_moncelleaddison_moncelle Member Posts: 1
    Hi! For a couple months now, RealityServer has told me I have -22 minutes.

If I try to turn it on, it asks me to purchase more hours. My understanding is that there are a certain number of free hours per month. However, it will not give me any more. Does anyone know the issue here? Thanks!
  • joe_dunnejoe_dunne Onshape Employees, Developers, csevp Posts: 198
    Addison, It looks like we have some kind of SNAFU.  If you can send me an email, using the email you are using for Onshape. We can take care of it

jdunne@ptc.com

Joe
    Joe Dunne / Onshape, Inc.
  • Sky777Sky777 Member Posts: 6 EDU
    @paul_arden, I was really hoping to use this RealityServer soon, i just found out about it and learned about it this week.... how much longer until it is ready to use? :/
  • Ryan_McClellandRyan_McClelland Member Posts: 26 PRO
    edited June 2021
    When I try to Authorize the Reality Server App, I get "An error occurred granting access to the application. No found." In the app store is shows I am subscribed.
    UPDATE: I shared a document with Reality Server and now I get a "504 Gateway Time-out" error.
  • lougallolougallo Member, Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 2,001
    @Ryan_McClelland let me pull at ticket and look into this...
    Lou Gallo / PD/UX - Support - Community / Onshape, Inc.
  • johannes_grossjohannes_gross Member Posts: 3
    Hi, I was just looking for using reality server but i can't find it in the app store anymore. 
    Does anyone, maybe @paul_arden , know how or when it will be available in onshape? 
    Thanks! 
  • Aaron_MagninAaron_Magnin Member, Onshape Employees Posts: 114
    Hey @johannes_gross, the technology behind Reality Server has become "Render Studio" in Onshape. See this post to learn more about it: https://forum.onshape.com/discussion/17598/improvements-to-onshape-january-31st-2022/p1