Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

RealityServer for Onshape Q&A

Comments

• Paul_ArdenPaul_Arden Member, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 163
    Jolls said:
    It mostly works for me.  Twice now it has reverted back to not doing custom sizes despite entering it into the custom sizes. I tried to reproduce it but was unable to. Happened twice in a 45min session of rendering 15ish images. Once it starts I can't get rid of it.  My workaround is to exit and re-enter which only takes a minute or two. 
    Ok, glad you have a work around. It sounds like this one might be tricky to reproduce. Our next update has quite a few under the hood changes which might remove issues like that.
  • adrien_gainetadrien_gainet Member Posts: 2
    Hello,

I subscribed to free 2 hours of Migenius RealityServer throught Onshape to learn rendering working on a personnal project. Since months now I am still blocked by the time limiting despite it should be 2 hours per month free. Did I understood it in the wrong way or is there any issue ?

Thank you a lot for your help,
  • guillaume_thenon787guillaume_thenon787 Member Posts: 8
    Hi there,

I'm tried all days to connect to your reality server but it's always written "none" or "empty". Sounds like there is no way for me to access ? Is it normal ? What should I do ?

Thanks for your feedback and see below a screenshot. Despite that love this Onshape thing !

Hello,

I subscribed to free 2 hours of Migenius RealityServer throught Onshape to learn rendering working on a personnal project. Since months now I am still blocked by the time limiting despite it should be 2 hours per month free. Did I understood it in the wrong way or is there any issue ?

Thank you a lot for your help,
    Please contact us at support@migenius.com with details of your account so we can check it. Please note the 2 hours per month does not roll over, it is for that month only.
    Hi there,

I'm tried all days to connect to your reality server but it's always written "none" or "empty". Sounds like there is no way for me to access ? Is it normal ? What should I do ?

Thanks for your feedback and see below a screenshot. Despite that love this Onshape thing !
    At times the service can get extremely busy and there might not be servers available. By the time I checked this after seeing you post there were servers available again. It is normal for this to happy from time to time but if it occurs for extended periods we usually go back to our cloud provider and discuss adding more resources.
  • Gwendal_FernetGwendal_Fernet Member Posts: 7
    Hi,

I have an issue with the export. When a export a scene either to onshape or to disk, my shadows are not present like in the scene. However if I resize my image I can see the shadows during the resizing. Any idea how can I have the shadows when the size is fixed?

Thanls
    Hi,

I have an issue with the export. When a export a scene either to onshape or to disk, my shadows are not present like in the scene. However if I resize my image I can see the shadows during the resizing. Any idea how can I have the shadows when the size is fixed?

Thanls
    I think we'd need to see a screenshot, I am not exactly sure what you are referring to. There is no difference in shadowing between when resizing or not.
    Thanks for your reply
    see the differences, here on my reality server tab, we can see the shadows:

Then, when I export in PNG:

I do not see the shadows but it appears to be there because when I drag the size of the image it is what I see:

Thanks
    Ok, thats because you are rendering to a PNG which has an alpha channel. The shadows are still there but the Windows viewer is applying the alpha channel and obscuring them. This is more an issue with how the Windows viewer handles display of alpha channels.
    Ok thanks
    Hello,

Thanks for your feedback. There might be something wrong with my account as it was always unavailable for me the last 48 hours. I have a free account and was never able to join the server. Here is what I get this morning :

Paul what do you mean by detail of your account ? I have a free account and never used my 2 hours. You mean my email ?

I wonder if the configuration of my PC is not the faulty part here ?

Thanks & regards,

Guillaume

Thanks for your feedback. There might be something wrong with my account as it was always unavailable for me the last 48 hours. I have a free account and was never able to join the server. Here is what I get this morning :

Paul what do you mean by detail of your account ? I have a free account and never used my 2 hours. You mean my email 
    I wonder if the configuration of my PC is not the faulty part here ?
    Yes, I mean the email from your account which is why I provided our support address so you wouldn't have to post this in the forum. However the information on that screenshot has nothing to do with your account, it is status information pulled like from our cloud provider and is idential to the information on this page:

https://status.jarvice.com/

So I can see that right now, yes, almost all servers are occupied so there may be difficulty getting servers.
    Hello Paul,
    Email sent right now as requested.
    Still no server available now.
    Thanks for your support,
    Guillaume
    For those who may only be subscribed to this thread, we just released an update for the RealityServer application, you can read about the details here:

https://forum.onshape.com/discussion/13713/realityserver-for-onshape-update-2-0-1/

• adrien_gainetadrien_gainet Member Posts: 2
    Hello,

I have some trouble with material manipulation. It seems that it is impossible to scale the material texture. The scale parameter has no effect resulting on blurry material.
    Did you already face this issue, how could i get a proper material on my parts ?

Thank you,

Just to check @adrien_gainet has you reviewed our video tutorials here. There are several on texturing and scaling of textures. It would help if you can provide screen shots showing your issue as well.
  • Ste_WilsonSte_Wilson Member Posts: 198 EDU
    Just a quick note to say Reality Saver has been a lifesaver.  For the CAD unit in Level 3 BTEC in engineering, the students have to render two models and if reality saver hadn't been generous in it's two free hours I'm not sure what I'd have done!  It's enough time to get the students to do a quick and simple render and for some to explore a little more and set up a scene.  Thank you!
    @stephen_wilson554 thanks for the kind words! It’s always great to hear from users who have had a good experience since here in the forums users mostly come for support when they have problems.
  • jason_traudjason_traud Member Posts: 15
    When do the rendering hours reset? Is it the beginning of the next calendar month? Or 30-days after use? 

For example, if I used 0.5-hours on the fifth of July, 1-hour on the 10th, and 0.5-hours on the 15th, do I get the two hours back on the 1st of August? Or 0.5-hours back on the fifth of August, 1-hour back on the 10th, and 0.5-hours back on the 15th?
    Hours reset on the the monthly anniversary of the day you first subscribed to the RealityServer application. So it is not based on the calendar month but rather a month from the date of when you started using the application the first time.
  • jason_traudjason_traud Member Posts: 15
    I ran out of minutes about two months ago and my available time is stuck at -1minutes. Could there be a bug due to my available time being negative? Or do I need to purchase additional hours to use the app?
    @jason_traud this can occur if your session runs longer than the time you have remaining. If you email us at support@migenius.com we can reset your account, we're not going to make you buy hours to get back 1 minute.
  • SkyRaccoonSkyRaccoon Member Posts: 1
    It's a long time I haven't used RealityServer but my account is showing -96m. What should I do ? Thanks.
  • chris_perivolarischris_perivolaris Member Posts: 5 EDU
    Hi Paul, I have High School students using Reality Server. They run out of time on their projects and they don't know how to switch servers. Can you point me to docs that I can direct students to? Is there a way to get more time for their accounts? I am teaching remotely and it is difficult to help students with their work. sincerely,
    Hi Paul, I have High School students using Reality Server. They run out of time on their projects and they don't know how to switch servers. Can you point me to docs that I can direct students to? Is there a way to get more time for their accounts? I am teaching remotely and it is difficult to help students with their work. sincerely,
    I'm not sure what you mean by switch servers. Currently there are 2 free hours per month provided by the plugin. If you are getting questions in the last few hours specifically we are currently experiencing an outage which is causing problems (this is being actively investigated).
    Just an update on the outage, our cloud provider has informed us that servers are taking much longer to start than usual. We usually stop trying at 90 seconds (and usually the servers are started long before that) to keep things responsive but at the moment it can take up to 10 minutes for a server to start. We have increased the timeout so that users can get servers up and running again however they will currently take much longer to start (my last test got a server in 8 minutes).

We have put a notice in the application to inform users of the problem, if the notice no longer appears when the page is refreshed you can assume that our cloud provider has informed us the issue was corrected and things are back to normal. Apologies for the inconvenience.
  • chris_perivolarischris_perivolaris Member Posts: 5 EDU
    I'm not sure what you mean by switch servers. Currently there are 2 free hours per month provided by the plugin. If you are getting questions in the last few hours specifically we are currently experiencing an outage which is causing problems (this is being actively investigated).
    Sorry, I was under the impression we could direct Reality Server to use a specific server, or is this handled within Reality Server?
    Sorry, I was under the impression we could direct Reality Server to use a specific server, or is this handled within Reality Server?
    No, the servers are all hosted by us and automatically spun up when turned on in the dashboard.
  • Jasper_BeekmannJasper_Beekmann Member Posts: 8 PRO
    Hi all, I just started with Realityserver. I have the following problem: my Onshape model has configurations. How do I choose which configuration Realityserver uses to import? I see it doesn't use the current configuration, it doesn't use the configuration of the last made version and it doesn't use the default set configuration. Who knows?
    Hi all, I just started with Realityserver. I have the following problem: my Onshape model has configurations. How do I choose which configuration Realityserver uses to import? I see it doesn't use the current configuration, it doesn't use the configuration of the last made version and it doesn't use the default set configuration. Who knows?
    For Part Studios it should use the configuration currently selected in the Part Studio, however assemblies don't have a concept of a default configuration so you need to insert the assembly into another assembly and select the desired configuration when inserting. Then convert that assembly.