Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Sketching Text

matthew_65matthew_65 Member Posts: 6
Is it possible to sketch and extrude text of various fonts?

Comments

• Options
    colemancoleman OS Professional Posts: 244 ✭✭✭
    Not yet.  This feature has been requested several times.  I am confident it will be coming in the future releases.

You COULD manually sketch the text.  Just draw centerline of the letter and then offset to create the closed sketch.
    Let me know if that help you.  I will send a screenshot if you need more assistance.  

Good Luck!
  • Options
    sergio_p_sergio_p_ Member Posts: 37 ✭✭
    Maybe today the best would be drawing the text in some external CAD and then export as DWG or DXF

Regards
    Sergio PLUCHINSKY
    CAD, FEA and Engineering Consultor
    +54 9 11 2250 0564
  • Options
    3dexter3dexter Member Posts: 89 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2015
    +1 for sketching text

• Options
    lougallolougallo Member, Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 2,001
    Lou Gallo / PD/UX - Support - Community / Onshape, Inc.
  • Options
    matthew_65matthew_65 Member Posts: 6
    OK, thank you.  Not a huge deal, really.  Just wondering.  External .dxf's or .dwg's sounds like the best way to go.  Appreciate the help.
  • Options
    brucebartlettbrucebartlett Member, OS Professional, Mentor, User Group Leader Posts: 2,137 PRO
    I am really hoping we see text in an up coming release. However I guilty of not putting in a request for this, I have just added my request now so can't be too demanding however I think it should be high on the priority list. 
    Engineer ı Product Designer ı Onshape Consulting Partner
    Twitter: @onshapetricks  & @babart1977   
  • Options
    3dcad3dcad Member, OS Professional, Mentor Posts: 2,470 PRO
    I'm sure this is already rolling as it is such a basic feature..
    //rami
  • Options
    Michael_152Michael_152 OS Professional Posts: 2
    *bump*

What is the status of this feature? Support for fonts such as Jura etc?